Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheraton commercial?

Featured Replies

UK fans probably would list Duke at the top of their hate list, like most of the rest of America, but Duke is not their rival. That distinction goes to Louisville, with Tennessee not far behind.

 

I think that was sarcasm...:sssh:

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a few years ago. They're not rivals anymore. UK and UL will be rivals for eternity, imo.

 

:thumb: That is a no brainer for anyone.

 

 

Besides, the one guy on the Syracuse and G-town wiping food from the others mouth "just ain't right" (LOL).

That doesn't speak well for either one of them really and I think that I need a "puke smiley" about now.

The guy wiping stuff from another guys beard is plain wong!

 

He sits there with it on his finger and I keep waiting for him to lick it off!:scared:

 

I also pointed out a couple of weeks ago that apparently Sheraton did not get the memo when UL joined the Big East.

  • Author
It was a joke. Lighten up...

I know, I was just explaining it to those that didn't get the joke.;)

This commercial has a basketball rival theme to go along with March Madness. They have images of fans frm Duke-North Carolina, Southern Cal and UCLA, and others, as rivals being friendly and helping one another. Then they show Louisville and Memphis doing the same (some guy wiping mayonnaise from a rival's mouth:creepy:). Wouldn't Kentucky be the obvious choice as Louisville's rival? I realize UK and UL are not in the same conference, but neither are Memphis and UL. And the Cats and Cards are in the same state separated by 80 miles of interstate.

It's no big deal, but one would think they would do a little research on a subject like that.

 

Someone else from the media asked the same question and was told that when Mitch Barnhart was contacted, he said that the commercial "was not in the best interest for UK." Go figure. Guess it's the same reason that Monday, Labor Day, is not in the best interest of UK football either...

  • Author
Someone else from the media asked the same question and was told that when Mitch Barnhart was contacted, he said that the commercial "was not in the best interest for UK." Go figure. Guess it's the same reason that Monday, Labor Day, is not in the best interest of UK football either...

Barnhart is way overboard with that decision.:rolleyes: But I guess we now have the answer to the question of why it's not UK in the commercial. IMO anytime your school's logo can be shown over and over in commercials, with millions of people watching during March Madness, it is "in the best interest" for your university.

UK's big rivalry is Duke, so UL wasn't an option... :walk:

 

I know youre joking and all, but I was watching the game in a bar below Rupp Arena Saturday and you would have thought there were a lot of the so called 18% there. People were really happy about the WV win.

Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago.

 

They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry.

 

Syracuse won a national championship 5 years ago. That is pretty worthy IMHO.

 

UofL and Memphis are regarded as rivals. Until these last two seasons, most UofL fans would of called Memphis their biggest rival. They battled each other in the metro and CUSA, and years before that.

Barnhart is way overboard with that decision.:rolleyes: But I guess we now have the answer to the question of why it's not UK in the commercial. IMO anytime your school's logo can be shown over and over in commercials, with millions of people watching during March Madness, it is "in the best interest" for your university.

 

:thumb: I have to agree with this. How could that not be in "the best interest" of the University? :irked:.

Syracuse won a national championship 5 years ago. That is pretty worthy IMHO.

 

UofL and Memphis are regarded as rivals. Until these last two seasons, most UofL fans would of called Memphis their biggest rival. They battled each other in the metro and CUSA, and years before that.

 

They (U.L. and Memphis) were huge "conference" rivals but imo U.L. fans would probably consider U.K. their biggest rival overall and pretty much always have.

Just like as a U.K. fan I consider Tennessee and Florida huge conference rivals but U.L. the main overall rival. JMO

 

(no 18% member here, I mean I really despise Duke but I don't consider them a big rival, imo that would take playing each other on a regular basis. I just flat out despise Duke regardless of them being a rival or not, LOL)

Maybe they wanted the UK guy to wipe something off the UL guys mouth and he wanted no part of that? :lol:

Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago.

 

They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry.

 

What? Syracuse won a championship in 2003 & has a hall of fame coach.

  • Author
Syracuse won a national championship 5 years ago. That is pretty worthy IMHO.

 

UofL and Memphis are regarded as rivals. Until these last two seasons, most UofL fans would of called Memphis their biggest rival. They battled each other in the metro and CUSA, and years before that.

They're not in the same conference anymore, so there's not as much at stake as in the past. Which means if you gave Louisville fans a choice of which non-conference game they had rather win, the majority would say Kentucky imo.

Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago.

 

They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry.

 

Syracuse is only 5 years removed from a National Title. They are also 4-2 against the Hoyas the last 4 seasons so they are very worthy of being Georgetown's rival.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.