March 23, 200818 yr This commercial has a basketball rival theme to go along with March Madness. They have images of fans frm Duke-North Carolina, Southern Cal and UCLA, and others, as rivals being friendly and helping one another. Then they show Louisville and Memphis doing the same (some guy wiping mayonnaise from a rival's mouth:creepy:). Wouldn't Kentucky be the obvious choice as Louisville's rival? I realize UK and UL are not in the same conference, but neither are Memphis and UL. And the Cats and Cards are in the same state separated by 80 miles of interstate. It's no big deal, but one would think they would do a little research on a subject like that.
March 23, 200818 yr Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago. They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry.
March 24, 200818 yr Author Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago. They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry. That was a few years ago. They're not rivals anymore. UK and UL will be rivals for eternity, imo.
March 24, 200818 yr That was a few years ago. They're not rivals anymore. UK and UL will be rivals for eternity, imo. :thumb: I have to agree with you professor.
March 24, 200818 yr Author Memphis and Louisville were big rivals when they were both in the C-USA a few years ago. They also have Syracuse and Georgetown. I'm sure they're rivals, but Syracuse hasn't done anything worthy recently to even be considered good enough for a rivalry. These two are not from the same state, but are in the same conference, so it's logical to have them in the commercial. As for the last sentence of your post, Syracuse is the most recent of the two to win a national championship.
March 24, 200818 yr Author The guy wiping stuff from another guys beard is plain wong! I know!!! I won't look at it anymore. I turn my head and look the other way. That's a YUCK moment.
March 24, 200818 yr This commercial has a basketball rival theme to go along with March Madness. They have images of fans frm Duke-North Carolina, Southern Cal and UCLA, and others, as rivals being friendly and helping one another. Then they show Louisville and Memphis doing the same (some guy wiping mayonnaise from a rival's mouth:creepy:). Wouldn't Kentucky be the obvious choice as Louisville's rival? I realize UK and UL are not in the same conference, but neither are Memphis and UL. And the Cats and Cards are in the same state separated by 80 miles of interstate. It's no big deal, but one would think they would do a little research on a subject like that. I have been wondering the same thing.
March 24, 200818 yr Maybe UK is tied to the Hyatt, since its next to Rupp? I hate that the commercial is like that as well and many of my friends have asked the same thing.
March 24, 200818 yr I am glad someone posted this, I almost did on Friday. UK would be the obvious choice.
March 24, 200818 yr I thought about posting the same thing a couple weeks ago.....very strange. Plus out of all the rivalries in college sports, I don't recall Memphis and Louisville ever being THAT big. :confused:
March 24, 200818 yr Author UK's big rivalry is Duke, so UL wasn't an option... :walk: UK fans probably would list Duke at the top of their hate list, like most of the rest of America, but Duke is not their rival. That distinction goes to Louisville, with Tennessee not far behind.
March 24, 200818 yr UK fans probably would list Duke at the top of their hate list, like most of the rest of America, but Duke is not their rival. That distinction goes to Louisville, with Tennessee not far behind. It was a joke. Lighten up...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.