Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Prediction: Kentucky

Featured Replies

No way I would want UK playing USC in first round. That team has potential to go to the elite 8

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UK will be a #1 seed....in the NIT. ;)

 

In all seriousness if Georgia wins today and gets the automatic bid, Kentucky will be eliminated as Arkansas would get the automatic bid that would have went to UK.

 

At 22-10 Arkansas would get in over UK. Here's why:

 

Season sweep of Vandy (UK's 41 point loss is what gets Arkansas in over them)

 

Now if Arkansas wins, Uk will be a 10 or 11 seed.

 

I don't understand why Georgia getting in would knock out Kentucky. Sure, it doesn't help, but there are others it would knock out before UK IMO.

10 seed and will play Marquette.

 

I hope that I am mistaken and they play USC.

10 seed and will play Marquette.

 

I hope that I am mistaken and they play USC.

 

Lets hope.

I saw one from collegerpi.com that had them #11 seed against Clemson. That would not be a good matchup at all. I can't see Clemson being a #6 seed.

I say UK will be 10-12 seed. It is all about match-ups from there. Some of the previously mentioned squads; Clemson, Marq, USC, A&M would all be bad ones for the Cats.

NIT bound with a possible 2nd round mathcup vs. Minnesota.

I don't understand why Georgia getting in would knock out Kentucky. Sure, it doesn't help, but there are others it would knock out before UK IMO.

 

Like who?

 

I don't see the SEC getting more than 5. You have Tennessee, Vandy, Miss. St., Arkansas and then... If Georgia wins it will be them, if they don't it will be UK.

UK will be a #1 seed....in the NIT. ;)

 

In all seriousness if Georgia wins today and gets the automatic bid, Kentucky will be eliminated as Arkansas would get the automatic bid that would have went to UK.

 

At 22-10 Arkansas would get in over UK. Here's why:

 

Season sweep of Vandy (UK's 41 point loss is what gets Arkansas in over them)

 

Now if Arkansas wins, Uk will be a 10 or 11 seed.

Huh?

If UGa wins, they would be in and knock the last at large team out.

What about the fact that UK beat Arkansas?

 

Regardless, UK is a complex team. They have some positives and they have some flaws.

I would not be stunned to see them left out...disappointed yes, but not stunned.

 

I see them as a 10 or 11 seed...in Birmingham....hopefully.

Like who?

 

I don't see the SEC getting more than 5. You have Tennessee, Vandy, Miss. St., Arkansas and then... If Georgia wins it will be them, if they don't it will be UK.

I don't think the SEC would get more than 5 under normal circumstances, but a team making a run like Georgia is not the usual in a power conference. Think of it like the A-10. They were supposed to be a 1 team league had Xavier taken care of business, maybe 2. Now they're going to get three in most likely. I don't believe for a second that the committee just tosses one team because they're over the 2 team cap.

Like who?

 

I don't see the SEC getting more than 5. You have Tennessee, Vandy, Miss. St., Arkansas and then... If Georgia wins it will be them, if they don't it will be UK.

 

If Georgia wins and they are taking the 34 best at large teams then the SEC gets Tenn, Miss St., Vandy, Arkansas, and UK as at larges. The other bubble teams are weak...

 

By the way... I think they'll come in at about a ten...

I don't understand why Georgia getting in would knock out Kentucky. Sure, it doesn't help, but there are others it would knock out before UK IMO.

 

Georgia getting in has no effect on UK whatsoever. Now there are a couple of other teams that really hope Arkansas wins today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.