Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Kentucky make the NCAA tournament?

Does UK make the Big Dance? 104 members have voted

  1. 1. Does UK make the Big Dance?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm still not freaking out yet even after the Georgia win. We weren't on anyones "last 4 in" list that I'm aware of. I think it would take a combination of a lot of things to knock us out. Anything could happen though.

It all comes down to the weight they put on the Patterson injury...

  • Replies 107
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He'll do his update in the AM.

 

Thanks :thumb:

^ And only the committee knows that.

^ And only the committee knows that.

 

Exactly...

It all comes down to the weight they put on the Patterson injury...

 

I agree with that. I feel that I'm a pretty level headed UK fan so I say this in a non homer way. I think we've proven that we can compete without Patterson.

 

A lot of the bracket projections had us anywhere from a 9-11 seed. I just don't see us getting knocked out from that seeding. Those are all projections though and as all of us know, anything can happen.

I hate UK, that's no secret....and HATE is probably not a strong enough word. I get tremendous joy from them losing.

 

 

Just curious, but why do you have such strong hatred for UK?

I'll say it again since it hasn't gotten much play over the last few weeks. It doesn't hurt to have your conference commish on the committee. Look for a surprise mid major to get in as a thanks... :D

When I went to Western it was during that crazy 1996-1998 run that they had. My roommate was the most obnoxious UK fan I have ever known. And Bowling Green is full of UK fans, here there are U of L, IU, UK, and a mix of others........I simply hate.

When I went to Western it was during that crazy 1996-1998 run that they had. My roommate was the most obnoxious UK fan I have ever known. And Bowling Green is full of UK fans, here there are U of L, IU, UK, and a mix of others........I simply hate.

There does seem to be an unusual number of UK fans here. My excuse is my father is from Mt. Sterling, 30 minutes away from Lexington and he ingrained it in me.

A thought... With the SEC tourney being moved back to 3:30pm, does that further hurt Kentucky's chances of getting in now especially with Georgia in the finals. The conference auto bids have to be into the selection committee by 5pm (i think). In the past couple years I think the ACC or the Big 12 had their final late afternoon and the committee had to make some decisions before that game was completed. With Georgia now in the finals and Arkansas likely in no matter what happens in the final, does the committee make the decision ahead of time and only have to make one change to the bracket if Georgia wins? Meaning if Georgia wins, Kentucky is out. If Arkansas wins Kentucky is in. SEC gets 5 teams no matter what happens. Just a thought.

A thought... With the SEC tourney being moved back to 3:30pm, does that further hurt Kentucky's chances of getting in now especially with Georgia in the finals. The conference auto bids have to be into the selection committee by 5pm (i think). In the past couple years I think the ACC or the Big 12 had their final late afternoon and the committee had to make some decisions before that game was completed. With Georgia now in the finals and Arkansas likely in no matter what happens in the final, does the committee make the decision ahead of time and only have to make one change to the bracket if Georgia wins? Meaning if Georgia wins, Kentucky is out. If Arkansas wins Kentucky is in. SEC gets 5 teams no matter what happens. Just a thought.

No way that game is over by 5. Will the SEC have to forfeit there auto bid

A thought... With the SEC tourney being moved back to 3:30pm, does that further hurt Kentucky's chances of getting in now especially with Georgia in the finals. The conference auto bids have to be into the selection committee by 5pm (i think). In the past couple years I think the ACC or the Big 12 had their final late afternoon and the committee had to make some decisions before that game was completed. With Georgia now in the finals and Arkansas likely in no matter what happens in the final, does the committee make the decision ahead of time and only have to make one change to the bracket if Georgia wins? Meaning if Georgia wins, Kentucky is out. If Arkansas wins Kentucky is in. SEC gets 5 teams no matter what happens. Just a thought.

 

Do you seriously believe that it's going to be that clear cut? That they'd just throw away a team because of a fluke run to the title? No way. They don't just set a cap on a conference unless it's in the upper obscene like 9 or so for the Big East.

They do not forfeit their auto bid, but the committee will have to make some decisions without all of the information. GT or someone out there help me out. This has happened in the past with either the ACC or Big 12 tourney running late. I want to say it effected how the number 1 seeds shook out a few years ago.

 

Dragon. It is just a thought. I know the committee is going to have to make some decisions and they are not going to wait all the way until 5:45pm to do so. They are going to want to have the field set by 4pm or so, the seeds will be set based on that final result of the last games.

It would be funny if UGA was up 20 with 5:00 minutes to go and they had to assume they were going to win so they stuck them in the tournament. Then Arkansas scored the last 21 points of the game and wins. I wonder if they'd have a contigency plan or if they'd just be screwed?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.