Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia 60 Kentucky 56

Featured Replies

To be honest, I think this move helped UGA more, and actually hurt UK...UGA got a day to rest, and the fan advantage UK would've had is gone. There is something to be said about getting mentally ready to play a game, and then not playing. It's hard to turn that switch back on. While I think UK is likely still in the tourney, they may now be an 11 or 12 seed. This really was a bad bad loss.

I think you're right. And imo if this game had been played last night in the Dome with UK's 20,000+ fans in the stands and Georgia still a little tired from their earlier win, UK wins by double digits. But..... if a frog had wings it wouldn't bust it's rump on the ground everytime it jumps, either.:D

UK played the hand they were dealt and lost on an incredible shot.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perfect?? Really? Come on man.

 

Yeah, you're right. It would be so much more perfect to be a 16 seed.

It's a great day for college basketball.
An even greater one came last nigt when Minnesota won their game in the Big 10 tournament. :ylsuper::ylsuper:
Those are the exact words I thought of when they lost. I would have loved to win, but to get a better seeding so that we do not have to play another 1 seed in the 2nd round is probably a blessing.

 

Instead you might play a 4-5 seed Pitt in the first round, and that would be very ugly.

  • Author
An RPI of 60 does NOT get you in the tournament.

 

It has in the past...

 

1999 New Mexico 74 RPI

2002 Wyoming 64 RPI

2004 Air Force 70 RPI

2005 NC State 65 RPI

2007 Stanford 67 RPI

Instead you might play a 4-5 seed Pitt in the first round, and that would be very ugly.

 

It is going to be ugly either way you look at it. 9-13 seed matches you up with a pretty solid opponent.

New Mexico got in to the dance with a 74 RPI in 1999...

Nice to know there is someone that much lower that got in. I'm still in disbelief somewhat that UK is suddenly back in this position. All year long they've fought an uphill battle, they finally got up the hill, and really all they needed was this win. I'm very upset at the way UK came out and even more upset at how they played in OT with Gaines fouled out. No real excuse that Georgia should have won that game.

I don't know if Kentucky will get into the tournament. I think come tomarrow night their bubble might burst.

I think the committee will be pretty understanding of the tornado situation. It would have been nice to win, but I am not too worried about the NCAA bid.

 

Why are you humanizing the committee like that. I really doubt they are going to be understanding because a team got an extra days rest. They aren't going to be understanding of injuries either, they will look at UK's season long resume (which isn't very good at all), then they'll look at the SEC tourney, which was awful, then they'll look at the Sagarin and the RPI, both of those aren't good either. Lastly, they'll look at the SEC record, which is good, but the SEC is bad, so that won't help near as much as some of you think it does.

He made the shot so that doesn't even matter. Take the lead when you can.

 

It matters quite a bit when UGA hits a 3-pointer.

 

If its under ten seconds and you get that good of a look, you take that. Who knows what can happen if you hold the ball, you can turn it over or anything. In situation like that, you have to hope your team can stop someone with 8 seconds to go. We had the chance to win the game right then, and avoid going to another overtime where anything can happen, and we might not get that chance to have the lead.

  • Author
Nice to know there is someone that much lower that got in. I'm still in disbelief somewhat that UK is suddenly back in this position. All year long they've fought an uphill battle, they finally got up the hill, and really all they needed was this win. I'm very upset at the way UK came out and even more upset at how they played in OT with Gaines fouled out. No real excuse that Georgia should have won that game.

 

I agree, but I was only going to feel secure with a win today. I still think UK could get left out. Plenty of red marks on the report card.

If its under ten seconds and you get that good of a look, you take that. Who knows what can happen if you hold the ball, you can turn it over or anything. In situation like that, you have to hope your team can stop someone with 8 seconds to go. We had the chance to win the game right then, and avoid going to another overtime where anything can happen, and we might not get that chance to have the lead.

 

He hit the shot of his life not much you can do about it. It was a lucky shot.

I still can not believe that dude hit a 360 three with a hand in his face... He probably makes that shot 1 out of 15 or 20... Unreal.

 

I am thinking 1 out of 50.......it was unbelievable...I really think he hit that shot, because he didn't have time to think, he just reacted.

Why are you humanizing the committee like that. I really doubt they are going to be understanding because a team got an extra days rest. They aren't going to be understanding of injuries either, they will look at UK's season long resume (which isn't very good at all), then they'll look at the SEC tourney, which was awful, then they'll look at the Sagarin and the RPI, both of those aren't good either. Lastly, they'll look at the SEC record, which is good, but the SEC is bad, so that won't help near as much as some of you think it does.

 

You are right about all things but no team with 12 SEC confrence wins has ever been left out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.