March 16, 200818 yr You know I'm sure UK didn't think he was going to hit the 360 three with defense all over him. But why not fouling him as soon as he got the ball and sending him to the line and have to make two? Then still having a shot in overtime if he makes or you may end up with the last second shot. If you do that, it is like you are playing to tie instead of win. Why not rely on our defense (which has been our strength all season) instead of making us play a 5th quarter Furthermore, consider that A) we have no depth and our players tire quickly and B) OT would just make us more tired for the next game.
March 16, 200818 yr Ooh, I was crucified for suggesting the exact same strategy in a high school situation. I'll take my chances playing defense rather than conceding two uncontested 15 foot shots... Maybe if there was a guy like Shaq on their team who shoots 50 percent...but I sure wouldn't foul a decent shooter.
March 16, 200818 yr A foul is a foul and flat out running over someone is a foul. Regardless it shouldn't have come to that. Georgia scored twice off of their own missed free throws I was thinking when it happened this could cost us the game. With our missed free throws and Georgias four points off their own misses all contributed.
March 16, 200818 yr I'll take my chances playing defense rather than conceding two uncontested 15 foot shots... Maybe if there was a guy like Shaq on their team who shoots 50 percent...but I sure wouldn't foul a decent shooter. The high school team also lost on a 3 pointer. The point is you can't lose at that point. You certainly can lose letting someone shoot a 3. But you win if he misses. So if a guy shoots .33 from 3 point area, you lose 1/3 of the time you don't foul. However if you do foul, the only way you lose is if they make one and tip in a FT miss, which should be longer odds than .33. Just a thought. .67 is a good % to end the game at that point though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.