March 16, 200818 yr HOLY CRAP.... I just now saw that and come on... that was a foul, he got murdered.. What I don't understand is how some people on here saw it as "acting" from Bradley, he was ran over regardless of what call was made.
March 16, 200818 yr I'm wondering if the 4 guard lineup will work. Its better when you play smaller teams,but Georgia and probably a lot of future teams, use more bigs. I thinks its time that UK uses another big with Stevenson. Bring Jasper off the bench to relieve the 2 guards and Harris. Also try Carter in relief for the 2 bigs(Stevenson and Stewart). You saw today that we could not score inside. A physical team will push us around without PP. Also, whats up with Jaspers FT's? Even Shaq makes around 50%.
March 16, 200818 yr I'm wondering if the 4 guard lineup will work. Its better when you play smaller teams,but Georgia and probably a lot of future teams, use more bigs. I thinks its time that UK uses another big with Stevenson. Bring Jasper off the bench to relieve the 2 guards and Harris. Also try Carter in relief for the 2 bigs(Stevenson and Stewart). You saw today that we could not score inside. A physical team will push us around without PP. Also, whats up with Jaspers FT's? Even Shaq makes around 50%. For as bad as he is it has to be mental.
March 16, 200818 yr I'm wondering if the 4 guard lineup will work. Its better when you play smaller teams,but Georgia and probably a lot of future teams, use more bigs. I thinks its time that UK uses another big with Stevenson. Bring Jasper off the bench to relieve the 2 guards and Harris. Also try Carter in relief for the 2 bigs(Stevenson and Stewart). You saw today that we could not score inside. A physical team will push us around without PP. Also, whats up with Jaspers FT's? Even Shaq makes around 50%. So what does your linup look like Bradley, Joe, Harris, Stewart, Stevenson??
March 16, 200818 yr You know I'm sure UK didn't think he was going to hit the 360 three with defense all over him. But why not fouling him as soon as he got the ball and sending him to the line and have to make two? Then still having a shot in overtime if he makes or you may end up with the last second shot.
March 16, 200818 yr You know I'm sure UK didn't think he was going to hit the 360 three with defense all over him. But why not fouling him as soon as he got the ball and sending him to the line and have to make two? Then still having a shot in overtime if he makes or you may end up with the last second shot. No way you foul him in that instance. Although it would have been tough for the freshmen to step up there and hit 1 free throw and then come back out there after a time out probably and hit the second one. I dunno man, tough decision for a coach to make. I know one thing if were up 2 next year in the SEC tourny and the other team has the ball with a chance to win it with a three then I may come out the stands and foul him.
March 16, 200818 yr How did he hit that three? Somone on here earlier said he didn't have time to think about and just had to react. Thats more likely the case
March 16, 200818 yr You know I'm sure UK didn't think he was going to hit the 360 three with defense all over him. But why not fouling him as soon as he got the ball and sending him to the line and have to make two? Then still having a shot in overtime if he makes or you may end up with the last second shot. No coach in America would ever think about fouling a player when you're up 2. Now if you're up 3 then maybe. Bottom line, Georgia had luck on thier side today and if the 3 that was made by a seldom used freshmen (who was only in the game because Gaines had fouled out)hits the front of the rim there is no second guessing of any sort.
March 16, 200818 yr ^ The no call was the right call, IMO. I'm leaning toward agreeing with you.....simply because you don't let the game get decided on something as stupid as that.
March 16, 200818 yr So what does your linup look like Bradley, Joe, Harris, Stewart, Stevenson?? yes :thumb:
March 16, 200818 yr Im in favor of anything that doesnt include Coury. Were not good enough to spot teams 8-10 points in the first 5 minutes of games
March 16, 200818 yr You know I'm sure UK didn't think he was going to hit the 360 three with defense all over him. But why not fouling him as soon as he got the ball and sending him to the line and have to make two? Then still having a shot in overtime if he makes or you may end up with the last second shot. Ooh, I was crucified for suggesting the exact same strategy in a high school situation.
March 16, 200818 yr They didn't get cheated. They sucked offensively and can't make FTs. UK lives and dies with the play of Ramel Bradley. Yesterday, they died with him. 4-17 from the floor 5 TOs to 1 Asst. They can't be a good team with that kind of performance from him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.