So okay, does anyone know what will happen if?

OK, does anyone know what will happen if, the big white death comes on Friday and Saturday (like the weather men are talking about) and forces the ninth region to cancel the games.

With the Girls version of the Sweet Sixteen starting this coming Wednesday would they play a Sunday, Monday match up if they have to cancel or will they play the games come, he** or high water on Friday/Saturday. Tough match up to go up against the boys' semi-final games on Monday, and sure would put ICN6 in a bind as to what games would they bring live.

In 1996 snow forced postponement of the girls regional for a night. Both the girls and boys then played on the same night.

I'd be surprised to see them move the boys games if the girls got snowed out. My guess is you would see the girls either on Sun/Mon or Mon/Tuesday. The boys will be Mon/Tuesday.

After watching the Channel 12 weather man in Cincinnati, I just wonder if these games will even be able to be played on Sunday? I am assuming that the games will be canceled as most of the schools are letting the kids out early and well they should today (Friday).

Channel 12 is calling for over a foot of snow to hit the NKy area, before this storm finally ends Saturday. It's one thing for the snow crews to clear a couple of inches off our streets and highways, but if the total reaches what they are calling for, not sure if they will be able to clear that much snow off in time, to have these games played on Sunday.

Should the 8th region @ Shelby Co. cancel tonight- which they have not as of yet, Game plan is to play semi's tomorrow(sat) afternoon with the championship being played Sunday afternoon.

Going to be tough for WV & SK to get there.

While I haven't seen the ninth region girls games canceled so far, I did see this on the WXIX web page...

Ryle High School

Once Upon A Mattress Performances Canceled Friday and Saturday

I can only believe if Ryle is canceling their play, I am pretty sure that they won't be playing basketball games at Ryle either....

While I haven't seen the ninth region girls games canceled so far, I did see this on the WXIX web page...

Ryle High School

Once Upon A Mattress Performances Canceled Friday and Saturday

I can only believe if Ryle is canceling their play, I am pretty sure that they won't be playing basketball games at Ryle either....

From Ryan Ernst this morning in blog: Just have to wait and see.

Oh the weather outside is frightful ...

Here's how things are looking in Northern Kentucky, considering the White Death that is upon us:

Ryle athletic director Jim Demler said, as of right now, things will continue as scheduled in the Ninth Region girls' basketball tournament semifinals. Holy Cross will play Conner at 5:30 p.m., followed by Boone County vs. Notre Dame at 8 p.m.

The 10th Region girls’ semifinals at Campbell County Middle School have been moved to Sunday. Harrison County will play Mason County at 2 p.m. and Campbell County will play Montgomery County at 4 p.m. The championship will be played at 7:30 p.m. Monday.

The Eighth Region girls' tournament at Shelby County also has been postponed. Walton-Verona now will play Anderson County at 3 p.m. Saturday, followed by Simon Kenton vs. South Oldham at 4:45 p.m. The finals are scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday.

We'll keep you updated with any additional changes.

posted by Ryan Ernst at 10:32 AM 0 comments links to this post

From Ryan Ernst this morning in blog: Just have to wait and see.

Oh the weather outside is frightful ...

Here's how things are looking in Northern Kentucky, considering the White Death that is upon us:

Ryle athletic director Jim Demler said, as of right now, things will continue as scheduled in the Ninth Region girls' basketball tournament semifinals. Holy Cross will play Conner at 5:30 p.m., followed by Boone County vs. Notre Dame at 8 p.m.

The 10th Region girls’ semifinals at Campbell County Middle School have been moved to Sunday. Harrison County will play Mason County at 2 p.m. and Campbell County will play Montgomery County at 4 p.m. The championship will be played at 7:30 p.m. Monday.

The Eighth Region girls' tournament at Shelby County also has been postponed. Walton-Verona now will play Anderson County at 3 p.m. Saturday, followed by Simon Kenton vs. South Oldham at 4:45 p.m. The finals are scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday.

We'll keep you updated with any additional changes.

posted by Ryan Ernst at 10:32 AM 0 comments links to this post

I don't see it being any better for the 8th region tommorow with the long trip for Walton. I'll bet that one has to be postponed again.