Corbin 80 Clay Co 62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Corbin's Johnson was just incredible in the 1st quarter. Clay County could never really recover from the initial blitz. Hats off to the Tigers for fighting until the end.

On a side note, I was not impressed with Knox Central's new gym. The whole bottom section is reserved seats and it takes away from the atomsphere. The students are too far from the floor, so it took away from the excitement (IMO).

Also, the gym is smaller than the old one, which was another disappointment. Oh well, great game -- look forward to seeing all the Corbin fans on Monday. :-)

The way Corbin was shooting in the first quarter I dont believe Koby Bryant and the Lakers could have beat them. I think Johnson had 5- 3 pointers in the first 3 minutes of play. It was just a great game for Corbin and a not so great game from the Tigers. It seemed like the Tigers could not hit anything and the Redhounds could not miss anything. If Corbin shoots like that everynight then no team will come closer than 10 to 12 points of them, but I dont see them shooting like that every night.

Johnson lead Corbin with 32 and Hobbs lead Clay with 17, I was gald to see that the Tigers just did not give up after going behind 32-12 the first quarter, they played with true heart and gave it all they had.

I have to agree about Knox's gym, the Reserved seating just did not seem right and it was not as big as I thought it was.

Do not get me wrong, Knox Central has a beautiful gym; nevertheless, why so many reserved seats? It puts the students further from the floor and it did take some excitement away from the game. The "loud" fans were up 10 rows or so. I guess the reserved seats bring in more money. I wonder how many Corbin fans will be able to get anywhere near the floor if they play Knox Central on Monday?

Also, is it usual for a school not to open the doors to the gym until one hour before the game? It does not give much time for concessions or to buy programs/t-shirts. I do not mean to complain how Knox Central is hosting, for the most part, they did a fine job tonight.

I have to admit, I was disappointed that the Corbin fans were not louder and on their feet more. These kids need our support. So, Corbin, if we have to play against the Panthers, they're going to be loud and intimidating. We really need to come out, be loud, and show Redhound pride!

Everyone that host the tournament provides reserved seats; however, have you seen Knox Central's gym -- the WHOLE bottom section is reserved seating and everyone else is at least 10 or 12 rows up. I have no problem with providing reserved seating--heck, if I had a reserve seat I would have given it up to sit with the rest of the fans.

I wonder what the Hound fans, thought about Johnson's, shot selection tonight:D. He's the most unappreciated player on the team. Corbin, fans give him down he road after every loss. Especially after the the District loss to South Laurel. They could not of won tonight with out his, hard play and scoring.

Show the kid some love, he's the real deal, just young.:thumb:

Well, you can't complain about shot selection when he's drilling them like he was tonight. I think Johnson has to realize when he's having a good night and when it is just not falling. Madison is a shooter and sometimes you just have to let him find his shoot.

Also, it looks like Corbin is going to face Knox Central--this one will be a tough one in a hostile environment. Let's pack the gym in RED!

Why not just have each school designate a section of the reserved for the student sections on their side. That is what other regions do as well as Rupp Arena at the state tournament. Congrats Hounds!

Well, that would be nice -- I don't think they'll let it happen. :confused:

Anyway, Panthers will pack the house on Monday--I am going to get there before 5:00 pm just have to get a sit. How would I go about getting a ticket from Corbin High School? Would I physically have to go there and pick it up? Geez.

I was telling the local administration just the other day, "Now you all be sure and call down to Corbin and make sure our gym and seating arrangements are satisfactory to them." Well, wouldn't you know it, the Knox people have dropped the ball on this one and just set it up the way they wanted it. How rude.

Seriously, there is no need for sarcasm. I am sure wherever the region is held, there are going to be fans that are going to make observations about what they liked and disliked. I am sure there were a whole a lot of people complaining about Corbin last year. That's fine. I made two, okay, three observations that I considered disappointments: the reserved seating, the size (compared to old Knox Central), and holding the doors until an hour before the game. I was hoping no one would take it personal.

On a side note, I really liked North Laurel's gym -- well, I like how open and big it is. I watched the 49th Championship game there. I guess, since KCHS is so new, I guess I was making mental comparisons between the two. As long as the Panther fans like it.