Corbin 80 Clay Co 62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Clay County still has a great tradition and a great high school basketball program. Overall, they had a much better season than predicted. Their fans are some of the most dedicated I have ever met. Great win for Corbin. I hope the mo' (momentum) continues into Monday.

Well, Clay County still has a great tradition and a great high school basketball program. Overall, they had a much better season than predicted. Their fans are some of the most dedicated I have ever met. Great win for Corbin. I hope the mo' (momentum) continues into Monday.

Clay was picked sixth in the preseason. That's about where they finished.

Maybe next year they will hand out the regional trophy based on the pre season rankings.....lol

On a serious note, Clay was a very good team this season. They played hard and got the most out of their talent and experience. They have nothing to hang their heads about. Not sure any team in the region could have beat Corbin they way they played last night. Monday night is a new story, the score starts back at 0-0 and there is 32 minutes of game to decide who advances further and who is packing the uniforms in moth balls for the summer.

Maybe next year they will hand out the regional trophy based on the pre season rankings.....lol

That would save a lot of time. Seven of the top eight teams made it to the regional. Lynn Camp kept it from being eight of eight.

It seems like fans said the same thing about Clay last year.

Clay Co. had some talent this season. Everyone says they are young, but the team that beat them is not a group of Vets.

My top five teams next season in the 13th

1. Corbin

2. Clay Co.

3. South L.

4. Bell Co.

5. Knox

If your saying that the Tigers didnt give it all they have last night then you didnt watch the game, Ask yourself this is it Normal for Johnson to go out there and hit 5-3 pointers in about the first 3 minutes of play..I think not! If Corbin had not been so hot last night this game would have been totally different. Yes Corbin played very good last night but it was not their defense that won the game, it was the fact that they scored 32 points in the first quarter. But good win for Corbin, and if they can continue to play like this they will no doubt be the 13th region champs!