Corbin 80 Clay Co 62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a game at Knox Central in the 90s against the Panthers, district championship I believe, that went into one or two overtimes, the band had to sit along on the stairs. That game still lives on as one of the best and most exciting I watched. I think it may have been 94.

The two Knox Central arenas are actually very similar in size but the seating arrangements in the newer one actually lowers the seating capacity. It does, however, offer more comfort and more chairback seats. During the regular season when capacity crowds are not the norm, it is much easier to get around in than the old one.

It is interesting that Knox Central has two gyms and both would be among the nicest in the area.

I think this game would have been close if Johnson had not got so hot in the 1st quarter, one thing the Tigers do is they play with heart and they hustle more than the redhounds but after going down 20 points in the first quarter the Tigers just could not fight their way back.

I think this game would have been close if Johnson had not got so hot in the 1st quarter, one thing the Tigers do is they play with heart and they hustle more than the redhounds but after going down 20 points in the first quarter the Tigers just could not fight their way back.

How can you say the Tigers hustled more than the Redhounds? The Redhounds played with their heart and soul last night. The Hounds came to play as they will continue to do. It was a well deserved victory for the boys. GO HOUNDS!!!!

Corbin played well for the most part, they obviously passed and shot the ball well plus they dominated the boards. They turned it over a few too many times and Clay Co. got to the FT line a little too often(:confused:)

Corbin had a good game plan going in and the Hounds did a good job of executing it, hopefully the coaches are dissecting KC film and come up with another winner.:thumb:

Corbin played one of the best games that I have seen any team play this year. They shot the ball well and played well as a team. If Corbin plays that kind of basketball they will be hard to beat. Congrats to Corbin's players and coaches on an impressive victory.

The way Corbin was shooting in the first quarter I dont believe Koby Bryant and the Lakers could have beat them. I think Johnson had 5- 3 pointers in the first 3 minutes of play. It was just a great game for Corbin and a not so great game from the Tigers. It seemed like the Tigers could not hit anything and the Redhounds could not miss anything. If Corbin shoots like that everynight then no team will come closer than 10 to 12 points of them, but I dont see them shooting like that every night.

Johnson lead Corbin with 32 and Hobbs lead Clay with 17, I was gald to see that the Tigers just did not give up after going behind 32-12 the first quarter, they played with true heart and gave it all they had.

I have to agree about Knox's gym, the Reserved seating just did not seem right and it was not as big as I thought it was.

Johnson got a lot of clean looks in that first period. Clay played a lot of help "D" which will free up shooters. I think Clay tryed to do the same things on "O" as Corbin (draw and kick), but Corbin did not help off their man as much.