University Heights 97 Christian Co 86

District 8 Finals.

UH was led by Seniors Scotty Hopson who had 25 pts (15 in the fourth), Tyshwan Edmondson had 23, and DaQuan Brown had 19.

The win gives UH their 14th straight going into the Region Two tournament.

This is Randy McCoy's first year coaching at UH and when asked about how he feels about the 8th District (Christian Co, Fort Campbell, Hoptown, and UH) he responded by saying, "This district is tougher than a week in the Elkhorn City Jail and let me tell you, that's pretty tough." One other quote was when he was talking about WKY basketball. "It reminds me of the old mountain rivalries in the early 1990's. There was always 3,000 people there and that's what this reminds me of. That part is relevant, but athletically it is just unbelievable down here." Congrats on your first district title Coach McCoy and good luck to all the Blazers next week!

Very high scoring game. UHA has a lot of talent and potential. As for Coach McCoy, he's very entertaining and a solid coach.

Christian County, will be a tough game in the Region. They have lost some very close games this year.

Christian County, will be a tough game in the Region. They have lost some very close games this year.

IMO i'd say County (Christian County... we just call it County down here) is just about the best 10-18 team in the history of Kentucky Basketball.