Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Manning

Featured Replies

My favorite play was that last sack Brady took, he got flat planted!

 

Haha, that was my favorite too! He deserved it. "17 points? That's all? I wish that he would have predicted like 45-42 or something to give us a little credit for scoring some points."

 

That's just as bad as a prediction, IMO. It sure did come back to bite him.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. Under extreme duress, he put the ball where only his reciever coud make a play on the ball. That play will go down in SB history as one of the all time great plays.

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely. It was far from a "terrible" throw.

Rome just said this: "Eli Manning just beat Tony Romo, Brett Favre and Tom Brady in succession."

 

WOW!

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely. It was far from a "terrible" throw.

 

I agree as well. He said after the game that he saw Tyree and put it up there for him "to make a play". Kind of like how Brady would just throw it as far as he could and let Moss go "make a play."

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely. It was far from a "terrible" throw.

I wouldn't say it was a terrible throw but it was far from great. He basically threw it up for grabs and got lucky his receiver made the play. It was a spectacular catch of throw that probably should not have ever been made. Eli also threw two balls that drive that should have been interceptions. Eil did better then I thought he would but the defense won the NY this game.

Best part is that Rodney Harrison will forever be the guy(wordfilter) in every picture, poster and clip shown of that play...

Best part is that Rodney Harrison will forever be the guy(wordfilter) in every picture, poster and clip shown of that play...

 

:laugh: He's a jerk.

I wouldn't say it was a terrible throw but it was far from great. He basically threw it up for grabs and got lucky his receiver made the play. It was a spectacular catch of throw that probably should not have ever been made. Eli also threw two balls that drive that should have been interceptions. Eil did better then I thought he would but the defense won the NY this game.

 

He obviously didn't throw it up for grabs. He got away from the sack, looked down field and tried to make a play. He put it where the receiver could catch it , or Harrison would knock it down. The WR caught it.

He obviously didn't throw it up for grabs. He got away from the sack, looked down field and tried to make a play. He put it where the receiver could catch it , or Harrison would knock it down. The WR caught it.

No, he put it where anyone in the area could catch it. He got lucky that Tyree out jumped Harrison and made one of if not the best catches in the history of the Superbowl. Eli made a great play to avoid the sack and got lucky on the out come of the throw. If that ball is picked no one would be talking about his play to avoid the sack.

Eli played a great game, but its funny how 3 or 4 plays could have completely changed what we are saying about Eli. 3 times on that final drive, Eli threw TERRIBLE passes that SHOULD have been picked. One by Harrison at the begging of the drive, then a pass right to Samuel, and then Merriweather had one to in his hands. If one of those passes were picked like they should have, we all would be talking about how Eli choked on the last drive with a terrible pass. I just say this because it seems like some people are acting like Eli was just amazing on that whole last drive, when he made a few really bad throws and kind of got lucky on them...

 

However with that said, I think Eli played great and really did impress me throughout the playoffs. I know when Eli was drafted I told my dad, and all my friends that Eli would win the super bowl before Peyton, and I came pretty dang close to being right. Eli is not better than Peyton (who I hate) however he definitely did step up big time!

RTS, if you're trying to say Brady choked, that's not true, IMO.

 

Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

 

If anyone choked for the Pats, it was their oline. The Giants dline just owned them. Don't know how you blame Brady.

Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

 

Umm how? He was getting hit right when he was throwing the ball all game long, and honestly it seemed like his receivers were also pretty well guarded as well. Then even with all that he took his team down for the game leading touchdown with 2:30 to go in the game. I mean with him getting hit more than he ever has, he still managed to drive his team down field to get the lead. So that is definitely not choking at all.

Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

 

And I'll have to say you're wrong. When Brady wasn't getting pressured, knocked down, or sacked, he was the Tom Brady everyone knows (See 4th Quarter drive to put NE up 14-10). Brady did not choke, he didn't even play bad, IMO.

Best part is that Rodney Harrison will forever be the guy(wordfilter) in every picture, poster and clip shown of that play...

 

That was my favorite part of the play too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.