Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Manning

Featured Replies

Obviously people have been waiting years to declare Brady a choker...now that he lost a Super Bowl, they can pounce. The Giants D-line carried them all the way to the Super Bowl, IMO...if you can pressure QB's the way they did, then it doesn't matter how good they are.

 

Brady delivered a clutch drive and Eli answered...I absolutely believe he would have answered the bell if Eli had left more time on the clock. The Giants final drive couldn't have gone any better for them unless they'd scored on the last play of the game.

 

Brady's 3-1 in Super Bowl's with two late game-winning drives.

Show me where I have said he is a choker. I said the choking argument for this game is legit, which I later went back on and said that it was too harsh. Brady is the best post season player I've ever seen.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I absolutely believe he (Brady) would have answered the bell if Eli had left more time on the clock.
Brady didn't run out of time; he ran out of downs.
Brady didn't run out of time; he ran out of downs.

 

:thumb:

 

He had 3 time outs and couldn't get it in FG range. I thought for sure they'd try a deep middle pass trying to get in FG range, but they decided to throw straight streak routes to Moss as much as possible.

Show me where I have said he is a choker. I said the choking argument for this game is legit, which I later went back on and said that it was too harsh. Brady is the best post season player I've ever seen.

 

I wasn't trying to say you did call him a choker...I was agreeing with your post. I was making a point that a lot of people who don't like Brady have long awaited the day that they can say he choked.

 

I apologize if you took it as a personal attack.

Brady didn't run out of time; he ran out of downs.

 

Call me a football novice, or downright crazy if you want, but I'll go to my grave believing that the Patriots plan and play calling at the end of the game would have been drastically different had the clock read 1:29 instead of 0:29.

 

I'm not saying that to take away anything from the Giants...they outplayed New England and deserved to win. Their final drive was perfect in the sense that it didn't leave enough time for New England to score...even with Tom Brady. That's all.

 

They may have stopped them anyway, but I think it would have been much more difficult had the Pats had an extra minute. It's not a knock against the Giants...just my opinion.

Their final drive was perfect in the sense that it didn't leave enough time for New England to score...even with Tom Brady.

The Pats had time to burn. That wasn't their problem. Their problem was that they went out on downs because they couldn't make enough yards to keep their drive going.
The Pats had time to burn. That wasn't their problem. Their problem was that they went out on downs because they couldn't make enough yards to keep their drive going.

 

29 seconds is time to burn...are you serious? The Pats had probably 4 plays at most, so moving the chains was not a big deal. Getting big chunks of yardage was. So, you're telling me that a team's whole playbook is available when they're down three at their own 20 with 29 seconds to play or that that situation doesn't really help a defense. Come on now...

29 seconds is time to burn...are you serious? The Pats had probably 4 plays at most, so moving the chains was not a big deal. Getting big chunks of yardage was. So, you're telling me that a team's whole playbook is available when they're down three at their own 20 with 29 seconds to play or that that situation doesn't really help a defense. Come on now...
The point is, time was not their enemy...nor their downfall.
The point is, time was not their enemy...nor their downfall.

 

Fair enough...

 

And, allow me to apologize to you if my remarks came off as a little too pointed or sharp. It was not my intention. I hope you didn't take them that way, and if you did, please accept my apology. :thumb:

I wasn't trying to say you did call him a choker...I was agreeing with your post. I was making a point that a lot of people who don't like Brady have long awaited the day that they can say he choked.

 

I apologize if you took it as a personal attack.

 

:thumb: No worries.

I am glad people will get off of Eli's back.... until next year rolls around. I don't think he is even close to being a top 5 QB in the league but I thought he did what he needed to do in the playoffs. Play within the system! He has a punishing running game with an outstanding 1+2 punch. He has a solid Oline and Plax turned into what looked like one of the top 5 or so WR's in the league. I have never been much on Plax but I thought he played his guts out! He slipped in the shower on Monday before the Super Bowl and didn't think he would be playing... he did predict a win the next day though:) Eli did what he had to do which was protect the ball and thow it up where only his WR's had a chance. I don't think he is anywhere as good as Brady,Peyton etc but I am very happy for the run he made. He did a great job leading his team down the field for the win!

Brady far from choked IMO. The bottom line is the Giants rushed four and abosloutly whpped the pants off the New England Oline!!!! Brady was hit or rushed 26 times I think it was!!! That is amazing!!! I would bet my house that Eli would have turned the ball over multiple times is he were hit that much (they were solid shots too not glancing one's). I don't think people can say enough good things about the front 4 of N.Y.!

I thought the Pats did an awful job of getting away from Moss in the playoffs! The Pats played their worst the last 4 or so games of the season while the Giants played their best over that span.

PS: I told you Welker was a STUD!!!!

Rome just said this: "Eli Manning just beat Tony Romo, Brett Favre and Tom Brady in succession."

 

WOW!

 

I'm sorry but Tony Romo has done nothing to deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Favre & Brady. Unless you count screwing up a field goal and choking in your 2nd playoff game.

 

But beating Favre & Brady back to back is pretty good. Let's not forget he beat a pretty good Tampa Bay defense as well.

also, let's be honest how many game winning TD throws has Brady made in the Super Bowl?

 

Soak that in for a moment. How many game winning kicks did Adam Vinateri Make?

 

OK, now how Many Super Bowls have the Patriots won since said Kicker left for the Colts?

 

How many have the Colts won?

 

 

Hmmmmmmmmm, Maybe Brady never had the chance to choke before.

I'm sorry but Tony Romo has done nothing to deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Favre & Brady. Unless you count screwing up a field goal and choking in your 2nd playoff game.

 

But beating Favre & Brady back to back is pretty good. Let's not forget he beat a pretty good Tampa Bay defense as well.

 

I agree, it's more impressive that they went into Dallas and won than it is that it was against Romo.

  • Author
I'm sorry but Tony Romo has done nothing to deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Favre & Brady. Unless you count screwing up a field goal and choking in your 2nd playoff game.

 

But beating Favre & Brady back to back is pretty good. Let's not forget he beat a pretty good Tampa Bay defense as well.

The guy has had one full season so far, he hasn't done too badly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.