Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli Manning

Featured Replies

And I'll have to say you're wrong. When Brady wasn't getting pressured, knocked down, or sacked, he was the Tom Brady everyone knows (See 4th Quarter drive to put NE up 14-10). Brady did not choke, he didn't even play bad, IMO.

Agree completely. The only awlful ball he threw all night was when he missed a wide open Moss on that final drive. He turned right around hit a wide open Moss on 1 or 2 plays later. The Pats o-line is who choked. No QB in the league would have played any better with the pressue Brady was getting.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Eli proved himself last night. That very play (the "NYG Catch") Eli could have been called "in the grasp". He got away and made the pass. I hate this rule, anyway. But this is one time they could have called it. :irked::D

 

RTS, all this Brady hating is unhealthy. I'd seek some help.:D

If he wouldn't be such a tool and shake hands after a loss I wouldn't dislike him, but he's just not man enough. Brady is the one that needs to seek help. ;)
Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

 

The first part of your post may be true. The second part is laughable, OR. He put his team in position to win with 2 minutes left. Just because you dont like the guy, doesn't mean you dont look at things logically. Most quarterbacks would not have kept getting up time and time again. Brady was getting killed all night and he always bounced back on his feet.

Brady played BAD for his standards. I think the choking argument is legit.

 

I completely disagree....Last night was the exception rather than the rule for his postseason play....He's been consistently amazing in the postseason (his entire career) until last night.

I completely disagree....Last night was the exception rather than the rule for his postseason play....He's been consistently amazing in the postseason (his entire career) until last night.

 

Which means you agree... I said he played bad for his standards.

 

Also, change your location :p

The first part of your post may be true. The second part is laughable, OR. He put his team in position to win with 2 minutes left. Just because you dont like the guy, doesn't mean you dont look at things logically. Most quarterbacks would not have kept getting up time and time again. Brady was getting killed all night and he always bounced back on his feet.

 

I don't know any QB who wouldn't have kept getting up in the Super Bowl... c'mon now. I actually don't dislike Brady, but he played one of the worst games of his playoff career in THE biggest game of his life and to some people that is choking.

I don't know any QB who wouldn't have kept getting up in the Super Bowl... c'mon now. I actually don't dislike Brady, but he played one of the worst games of his playoff career in THE biggest game of his life and to some people that is choking.

 

And the way he played had nothing to do with the Giants ferocious pass rush?

And the way he played had nothing to do with the Giants ferocious pass rush?

 

Of course it did...Tom missed some throws that he normally makes though.

No, he put it where anyone in the area could catch it. He got lucky that Tyree out jumped Harrison and made one of if not the best catches in the history of the Superbowl. Eli made a great play to avoid the sack and got lucky on the out come of the throw. If that ball is picked no one would be talking about his play to avoid the sack.

 

After watching it again and again, I disagree. With him being under pressure, he put in a good spot for the receiver to get it. Harrison didn't have much of a shot at picking it off, only at batting it down.

After watching it again and again, I disagree. With him being under pressure, he put in a good spot for the receiver to get it. Harrison didn't have much of a shot at picking it off, only at batting it down.

 

Harrison takes a major whack at the ball too, I still can't believe Tyree held on.

Harrison takes a major whack at the ball too, I still can't believe Tyree held on.

 

It was an unbelievable scramble, a great pass, and an even better catch.

Of course it did...Tom missed some throws that he normally makes though.

 

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, that was because he was afraid he was about to get pummeled again?

I don't know any QB who wouldn't have kept getting up in the Super Bowl... c'mon now. I actually don't dislike Brady, but he played one of the worst games of his playoff career in THE biggest game of his life and to some people that is choking.

 

I would consider the game he played against the Chargers in the AFC Championship a much worst game for Brady than this game. I mean he played probably better than any other QB could have in that situation with how much pressure he was under all game. Just the fact that even with all that he was able to drive the ball down field and get his team the lead with only 2:30 in the game is pretty awesome. I mean as you said in the biggest game of his career, and being under more pressure all game than he ever has, he still took his team down the field to get the lead and should have been good enough to win the game. That is not choking at all.

I would consider the game he played against the Chargers in the AFC Championship a much worst game for Brady than this game. I mean he played probably better than any other QB could have in that situation with how much pressure he was under all game. Just the fact that even with all that he was able to drive the ball down field and get his team the lead with only 2:30 in the game is pretty awesome. I mean as you said in the biggest game of his career, and being under more pressure all game than he ever has, he still took his team down the field to get the lead and should have been good enough to win the game. That is not choking at all.

 

14 points for the greatest offense in history? The drive in the 4th qtr was outstanding, but Tom was not himself for many parts of the game. I agree he played worse against SD, but my post says that this game was ONE of the worst in his playoff career. All I'm saying is he did not play like the best post season QB of all-time, which many consider him to be. Choking is probably a bit harsh because much of his play was due to the 'greatest D-line ever'.

14 points for the greatest offense in history? The drive in the 4th qtr was outstanding, but Tom was not himself for many parts of the game. I agree he played worse against SD, but my post says that this game was ONE of the worst in his playoff career. All I'm saying is he did not play like the best post season QB of all-time, which many consider him to be. Choking is probably a bit harsh because much of his play was due to the 'greatest D-line ever'.

 

Obviously people have been waiting years to declare Brady a choker...now that he lost a Super Bowl, they can pounce. The Giants D-line carried them all the way to the Super Bowl, IMO...if you can pressure QB's the way they did, then it doesn't matter how good they are.

 

Brady delivered a clutch drive and Eli answered...I absolutely believe he would have answered the bell if Eli had left more time on the clock. The Giants final drive couldn't have gone any better for them unless they'd scored on the last play of the game.

 

Brady's 3-1 in Super Bowl's with two late game-winning drives.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.