The Democrat Dream Team

Is the combination of Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama unbeatable?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is the combination of Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama unbeatable?

• Yes either way they would be unbeatable
    • No, they are beatable
    • The winning candidate should consider ______ for VP.

The more I think about it, Obama/Guiliani sounds dangerous.
That ticket may not be too far fetched.

I am pretty sure that McCain will not run both as the Republican candidate and as Hillary's running mate, but I am not ruling out that possibility.:lol:

I believe that they will be unbeatable if McCain is the Republican candidate because conservatives will not rally behind McCain regardless of who is on his ticket and regardless of his opponent.

With both Obama and Clinton on the ticket, the mainstream media will be merciless in exposing McCain's record, which will only suppress conservatives' support further. In addition, McCain will not have conservative talk radio defending him against the legitimate attacks.

Should it be McCain, which of the following do you see happening re: conservatives:

1. Stay home

2. Vote for McCain

3. Vote for Democrat

I don't think those two will end up on a ticket. However, I don't think the Republicans will beat Obama regardless of who is VP is. They have a chance against Clinton, IMO, whether Obama is her VP or not.

Right now, McCain leads both Dems in the head-to-head polls. But that doesn't take into consideraton a running mate. I think the Dems can get a lot more mileage with their VP candidate than the GOP can.

In all other head-to-head polls the Dem lead the other GOP candidates by 10 points or more.

Right now, McCain leads both Dems in the head-to-head polls. But that doesn't take into consideraton a running mate. I think the Dems can get a lot more mileage with their VP candidate than the GOP can.

In all other head-to-head polls the Dem lead the other GOP candidates by 10 points or more.

I certainly think anyone other than McCain is almost a sure win for either democrat. I still believe that Obama would beat McCain in a general election, but I don't think Hillary would. Just my opinion...and admittedly, I'm no political expert.

Should it be McCain, which of the following do you see happening re: conservatives:

1. Stay home

2. Vote for McCain

3. Vote for Democrat

All of the above. Many conservatives will, in the words of John McCain's mother, hold their noses and vote for Johnny. Many will stay home and a few will even vote for the Democratic candidate out of spite. More of them will vote for a third party candidate or write-in a conservative's name.

McCain needs most conservatives' support in November to win and he is not going to get it. Moderates are not known for enthusiastically campaigning for candidates and IMO, that is where McCain will be hurting the most. Liberals will be out in full force to campaign for Obama and to a lesser extent, Hillary, but I just don't see large numbers of moderate Republicans and independents who are willing to knock on doors and volunteer their time to get an uninspiring candidate like McCain into office.