East Carter 62 Ashland 56

Dickie Martin is a big time Ashalnd 'homer", imo he should be, it is an Ashland sports station that broadcast all of the Tomcat games. I really have come to where I casn block all of that stuff out. That is just "Dickie being Dickie" :lol:. He (Martin) is also one of the best play by play men in this area along with the GoRadio crew. I love listening to both.

As for the game, I expected this one to go to East, simply bc they are better. With Ashland playing them close it is looking more an more to be a very interesting and exciting 16th Regional Tourney.

Thanks my good friend. I appreciate the kind words, but I am not in the same league as Mr Martin. He is the best in the area. I am looking forward to working WITH him this March though. I have been hired to work the School Boy Radio Network.

If you count Rowe Ashland was without 4 of there top 8 or 9 guys tonight. Illness and injury. Bash them if you want they will be a tough out come March. To go on the road and play East that tough missing 3 key guys bodes well when they get everyone back. One was a stater the other two play quite a bit off of the bench. What is funny is Kouns actaully called the game tonight and Michael Corelone will be happy to know the fouls were basically doubled in favor of East. Radio said something like 28 or 25 to 14 in terms of total fouls called. East had 14 Ashland mid to high 20's.

As for the time keeper, he forgot to start the clock atleast once. And it was in favor of Ashland. I couldn't be prouder of the boys from Blazer Blvd. They played their hearts out and came up short. IMO East is the biggest, most athletic, and best team in the region. They the horses to win every game. I realize that Elliott beat them, but they have what it takes to win night in and night out.

If you count Rowe Ashland was without 4 of there top 8 or 9 guys tonight. Illness and injury. Bash them if you want they will be a tough out come March. To go on the road and play East that tough missing 3 key guys bodes well when they get everyone back. One was a stater the other two play quite a bit off of the bench. What is funny is Kouns actaully called the game tonight and Michael Corelone will be happy to know the fouls were basically doubled in favor of East. Radio said something like 28 or 25 to 14 in terms of total fouls called. East had 14 Ashland mid to high 20's.

Hold on just a second young fella, I thought that the loss of Rowe was a non-issue at last count from the thread last week by the Ashland supporters. He wasn't a starter, when Ashland lost the game prior to this one, Rowe not being there had nothing to do with it. Now, he's part of the equation as to why Ashland slides. I hope for the Tomcat's sake that some of his production can be recooped by these other boys. And as for being ready for March, someone needs to send a memo over that direction to let the staff know that the district tournament is only 34 days away. I hope everyone is healthy by then. The problem is this however, Tyrannasaurus Rex may have to face Ashland in the first round, and if he does, you can bet he'll not be choosing Anderson gym as the site. Good luck to all of those boys! Hope everyone gets healthy. First round knockouts are no fun, unless you're the one left standing!

Only in America, baby!

Agreed Don King. Just mentioned Rowe because one of the other posters did. He is gone by his own choice and Ashland has moved on. Hope they get healthy as well. Best of luck to all the teams should be a wild 16th this spring.

Agreed Don King. Just mentioned Rowe because one of the other posters did. He is gone by his own choice and Ashland has moved on. Hope they get healthy as well. Best of luck to all the teams should be a wild 16th this spring.

I agree. It should be exciting come tournament time. I know Coach Biggs will have Ashland ready to play come tournament time. He's proven he's a great coach, and regardless of their record I wouldn't want to play them come March.

Congratulations to the Raiders on the win. East Carter's bench really came through after their senior guard Drew Johnson had to leave the game early in the second period following an inadvertant elbow to the mouth. Johnson got patched up and returned in the second half to finish with 15 points and 8 rebounds and had a really great block of a Matt Thomas jump shot in the final minutes that helped stall Ashland's fourth quarter rally. Last report was that Drew needed about 15 stitches at the emergency room to close the gash on his lip and will be ready to play Friday against Boyd Co. I think he showed a lot of heart for competing despite being injured. East Carter didn't execute effectively for most of the game but got big plays from Johnson, Bair, and Jackson when they needed them and really showed a lot of depth and pulled it together when the game got close. Bair finished with 15 points and Jackson had 12 (some really big 3's). East Carter is very solid ball club. Good win for the Raiders.