Conner vs Highlands

The two match up tomorrow night in the Championship game of the Kenton County Classic. Conner looking to avenge an earlier loss to Highlands who is playing very well right now. Anyone know what time and where this game is being played?
8:15 @ Simon Kenton

Must win? Are you kidding me?

No I'm not kidding about a must win. Conner is 17-1 right now with its’ only lost to Highlands. A loss tonight would obviously make them 17-2 with two losses to Highlands. I think it would be tough for Conner from a psychological perspective to beat Highlands in the regional tournament after losing to them twice in the regular season. Certainly Conner is capable of beating Highlands on any given night, but if I'm Conner's coach I want a victory over Highlands tonight not to add another victory to what has already been an impressive season, but for a psychological boost going into the regional tournament. If you're a prize fighter and you're only two losses are against your opponent in your upcoming fight don't you think you might not be as confident in that third fight. Worse yet don't you think your opponent's confidence level is going to be sky high. If Conner loses to Highlands tonight they will have a very hard time beating them in the regional tournament if the two teams meet. So when I say it is a must win don’t look at it from a wins-losses perspective, but from a psychological perspective, which is huge when you're talking about high school girls basketball.

If I were either team I wouldn't even dream of showing my strategy for the regional games. Play hard nosed half court and consider it a warm up. If you tell the team it is a must win and lose then you may very well have a problem when it counts.

And as always good luck to both teams.

Weren't people talking about how hard it is to beat a team three times in one season in the NFL? Cowboys/ Giants, so I in no way think this is a must game for either team. This game, is a game that will help each team prepare for the post season, nothing more nothing less. Now, do both teams go at it as hard as they can, absolutely, that is how this game helps them prepare for the pressure, excitement, and intense environment both will be facing in districts and regionals.

Weren't people talking about how hard it is to beat a team three times in one season in the NFL? Cowboys/ Giants, so I in no way think this is a must game for either team. This game, is a game that will help each team prepare for the post season, nothing more nothing less. Now, do both teams go at it as hard as they can, absolutely, that is how this game helps them prepare for the pressure, excitement, and intense environment both will be facing in districts and regionals.

The difference here is that we arn't talking about professional athletes. We are talking about high school athletics. These girls' approach to the games is probably a little different than Eli Manning's or Tony Romo's.

The difference here is that we arn't talking about professional athletes. We are talking about high school athletics. These girls' approach to the games is probably a little different than Eli Manning's or Tony Romo's.

The flip side is that HHS might not be mentally prepared if they have already beaten a team twice.

I used the professional teams as an example because most are familiar with those teams. I would think that every year a team gets beat twice then on the third try the outcome is different. Where this usually occurs is teams in the same district team A wins the regulars season game and the district final then they meet up again in the regions and the outcome is different.

I guess agree to disagree!