January 20, 200818 yr The foul occurred way before the UF player got to the UK bench. It happened when Meeks was being picked. It sure took the ref long enough to call it then.
January 20, 200818 yr He was doing nothing against Speights... These last 2 games should show people how much more growing Patterson has to do as a player before he even thinks about the NBA... He'll be there for a couple of years at least, unless he just gets frustrated and gives up... And he doesn't strike me as the type to do so. I sure hope not, he got rather heated towards the end of the game when he wasn't getting the rock down low.
January 20, 200818 yr How did you see it? They never had a shot of it on any of the replays. The replays showed Meeks grabbing his man as the pick was being set.
January 20, 200818 yr I've seen a lot of similarities in UC and UK over the last few week, except UC is finding a way to win and UK is falling just short. Giving great effort and falling short can be very tough on an already fragile team, and these guys are going to have to dig deep in rapid fashion... I think they will be fine. Bounced back from a tough one in Starkville. SEC schedule provided no favors right off the bat. As weird as it may sound, they are readying themselves for the SEC Tourney. Have to get healthy and most importantly put together a few weeks of competitive practices. There are some similarities...sure.
January 20, 200818 yr It sure took the ref long enough to call it then. I'm guessing the delay was due to a)the official that saw it was in the front court (ie far away) and b)the noise made it difficult to hear the whistle.
January 20, 200818 yr Author Next year, Kentucky should be able to win the games like this one. IMO, Patterson should have gotten the ball a whole lot more than he did... Not with four fouls and a bad wheel.
January 20, 200818 yr Interesting to note that Krebs is now the 3 point specialist off the bench. They just put him in to pick on the Florida players. He's a bully.
January 20, 200818 yr He was doing nothing against Speights... These last 2 games should show people how much more growing Patterson has to do as a player before he even thinks about the NBA... He'll be there for a couple of years at least, unless he just gets frustrated and gives up... And he doesn't strike me as the type to do so. I agree. He could lead the country in having his shots blocked. Experience is all he needs.
January 20, 200818 yr I agree with the posts that say the refs were inconsistent tonight. And I thought Florida received the benifit of the doubt on most close calls. But UK missed too many open shots and didn't get enough stops on UF, especially in the OT.
January 20, 200818 yr I still dont' understand why Stewart isn't getting any minutes. I know he could give them 10-15 minutes a game, and that could go a long way.
January 20, 200818 yr The replays showed Meeks grabbing his man as the pick was being set. The replays I saw showed Meeks face guarding Lucas with his hands straight up and no one else in the area.
January 20, 200818 yr UT, USC, and UGA are the next three. I see 6-7 more wins for UK the rest of the season, meaning that they would go into the SEC tourney at 14-15 for the season, they would have to two games in the SEC tourney to get to the NIT. At least it isn't going to be a UNC-like 8-20 debacle.
January 20, 200818 yr The replays I saw showed Meeks face guarding Lucas with his hands straight up and no one else in the area. If it was over by the UK bench, that was way after the actual foul.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.