Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 81 Kentucky 70 OT

Featured Replies

I still dont' understand why Stewart isn't getting any minutes. I know he could give them 10-15 minutes a game, and that could go a long way.

 

I would love to be a fly in the wall in those practices to see what was going on to keep this kid out... He was only put in once to make sure Patterson didn't foul... I'm sure there's more to it than we know, but as of this second it's just not making sense to me.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Calathis knocking down Bradley? I guess the refs didnt see it.

I hate to go back to UC again, but the teams paths are so similar, I think it fits. When UC has rested Vaughn, Williamson and Warren, the guys off the bench haven't been a scoring threat very often but they have played their tails off on D and prevented a run while buying time. I fully agree that the major problem with the bench depth is they can't seem to do much on either end right now... ;)

 

Understand hidden minutes. I don't see fatigue in Bradley and Crawford. It would be worth while to steal a few here and there.

 

The biggest thing with this group is gaining continuity through practice. They made their biggest jump right before the conference started when they had their whole roster practicing for periods of time.

They haven't had that....it is a big deal.

What about Calathis knocking down Bradley? I guess the refs didnt see it.

 

That was Bradley flopping as much as Calathes running into him. If UK had a problem with it, they had plenty of chances to put the youngster on his rear end but chose not to. Disappointing.

What about Calathis knocking down Bradley? I guess the refs didnt see it.

 

My satellite signal was a little jumpy during this segment... From what I saw on the intial airing it looked like Calathes got him a lot harder than it did on the replays they were showing.... But those were from a back angle so it was hard to tell.. Couldn't rewind the DVR to look at it where the satellite was in and out.

This was just a game that the Cats let get away. I didn't think that it would be all that close going in. With the way the game went, U.K. basically took the U.F. crowd out of it in the 1st half and kept blowing opportunity after opportunity. U.K. guards should have been going to Patterson MUCH more than they did. Crawford for the most part was playing "in a daze" or something but he did step it up in the latter parts of the game. What I am typing is probably not making much sense, I am still so frustrted I can't think straight.

U.K. gave a good effort tonight, Patterson and Bradley played a lot of minutes and were gassed. I was pleased with the effort but not with the exectution in not getting Patterson the ball more than they did.

We had decided avantage down low with Patterson an did not go to it enough. U.K. looked good from the line, I don't know what the final FT count was but we didn't miss many at all. Patterson was crampig up bad and showed a lot of determination and guts down the stretch. We (our guards) just need to quit jacking up 30 footers and get the ball insde.

 

As for Florida, what a freshman class Billy D has, Calathes is a basketball player. That kid can flat out play this game. I believe he ended up with 20pts, 8 reb., 8 asst.. Bottom line is that imo U.K. could have and should have won this one and it not of come close to o.t., too many missed opportunities and then Florida got it done in o.t. and we didn't.

 

7-9 and Tennesse coming in on Tuesday, isn't looking very good. We have to stick wit these Cats though. :thumb:

The replays showed Meeks grabbing his man as the pick was being set.

 

What probably happened was the ref blew the whistle but it wasn't an authoritative whistle...which caused the delay...almost like as if somone in the stands had blown it.

Is anyone else tired of announcers using the word "courageous" when describing athletes?

I agree. He could lead the country in having his shots blocked. Experience is all he needs.

He has struggled at times, but he is a far better ofensive player out of high school than I thought he would be.

Is anyone else tired of announcers using the word "courageous" when describing athletes?

 

I'm sick of most everything announcers say...

 

Speaking of which, are we getting Jimmy Dykes on Tuesday? Someone please tell me no.

Not with four fouls and a bad wheel.

 

Long before that, we (U.K.) didn't go to him enough.

That was Bradley flopping as much as Calathes running into him. If UK had a problem with it, they had plenty of chances to put the youngster on his rear end but chose not to. Disappointing.

 

I was thinking the same thing.

There are a lot times I wish Jamal Magloire was still roaming the paint.

I would love to be a fly in the wall in those practices to see what was going on to keep this kid out... He was only put in once to make sure Patterson didn't foul... I'm sure there's more to it than we know, but as of this second it's just not making sense to me.

 

I guess because he is not a BCG recruit! I don't know! UK has gotten better, but they still are not there. Bradley has played big. I just am not sold on BCG. I don't think he is positive with the players and they aren't really responding well to him. I really think this is a BAD hire for UK! However I must say that as bad as BCG is IMO they did an equally great thing with Joker Phillups on the Football side. BCG is doing what Bear BRyant couldn't do and that is making UK a Football school!!!

I guess because he is not a BCG recruit! I don't know! UK has gotten better, but they still are not there. Bradley has played big. I just am not sold on BCG. I don't think he is positive with the players and they aren't really responding well to him. I really think this is a BAD hire for UK! However I must say that as bad as BCG is IMO they did an equally great thing with Joker Phillups on the Football side. BCG is doing what Bear BRyant couldn't do and that is making UK a Football school!!!

 

:sleep:

This was just a game that the Cats let get away. I didn't think that it would be all that close going in. With the way the game went, U.K. basically took the U.F. crowd out of it in the 1st half and kept blowing opportunity after opportunity. U.K. guards should have been going to Patterson MUCH more than they did. Crawford for the most part was playing "in a daze" or something but he did step it up in the latter parts of the game. What I am typing is probably not making much sense, I am still so frustrted I can't think straight.

U.K. gave a good effort tonight, Patterson and Bradley played a lot of minutes and were gassed. I was pleased with the effort but not with the exectution in not getting Patterson the ball more than they did.

We had decided avantage down low with Patterson an did not go to it enough. U.K. looked good from the line, I don't know what the final FT count was but we didn't miss many at all. Patterson was crampig up bad and showed a lot of determination and guts down the stretch. We (our guards) just need to quit jacking up 30 footers and get the ball insde.

 

As for Florida, what a freshman class Billy D has, Calathes is a basketball player. That kid can flat out play this game. I believe he ended up with 20pts, 8 reb., 8 asst.. Bottom line is that imo U.K. could have and should have won this one and it not of come close to o.t., too many missed opportunities and then Florida got it done in o.t. and we didn't.

 

7-9 and Tennesse coming in on Tuesday, isn't looking very good. We have to stick wit these Cats though. :thumb:

 

I don't think after the game they should have won, but it is a game they could have won.

They were far too tenative to me in attacking the basket against the 3-2 and I can guarantee that BCG will mention it in the postgame...plus they were a turnover machine in the first half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.