January 20, 200818 yr I have a call question too...In the 2nd half Florida had the ball, they made a pass to the wing and Meeks tipped it, it was going out of bounds and Donovan caught it out of bounds. He was actually on the court when he caught it? Should that have given the ball to UK? Does it even matter? i noticed that too. Billy D was squatting down and it looked like at least one of his feet was on the court when he caught it. Maybe we should ask Texas about the coaching staff touching the ball while still in play. :lol: Anyway, the officials weren't great, but they were MUCH better than the MSU game, and I don't think they had nearly the effect in this one. There were several bad ones against UF towards the end. 1 or two balls that I'm pretty sure went off UK, but they gave it back to UK. And then Bradley took a "charge" that definitely wasn't.
January 20, 200818 yr A few things about this one, I've been bothered by this loss all night.. Ramon Harris taking the shot in the clutch, look I'm in no way bashing the kid as I said earlier, but guys, he's really not been in a situation like this before, I mean I trust him taking the WIDE OPEN three, but driving and shooting a jumper, I just don't think that's his game, but I'm not bashing him, he's athletic and I can see him getting better in his years at UK, but you know you just don't let him take that shot in the clutch... I thought the Flagrant should of been called on the kid from Florida plowed into Ramel, I thought it was a good acting job, but I think he still might of knocked Ramel down, but Ramel just added a little flare on it...But still that's got to be a call, play was blown dead at least three seconds when it happened...Cheap shot if you ask me. I like the way Patterson plays, even though he didn't get a ton of touches, and he might get every shot blocked, but he is JUST A FRESHMAN, I really think these things will come with time, and he will learn from these kinds of games agaisnt Mississippi State and Florida about finishing around the rim, it's just somthing we have to look forward to, because he is already a work horse inside the paint, he puts fourth the effort as well... I can't question the heart of the Kentucky players after this one, they just could NOT get a stop though to save their lives, and I think it was because of the minutes they were playing, I really think Ramel is so good because of the heart he plays with, if he didn't care about this team he would be horrible, because he makes bad choices, but his heart takes his game a long way if you ask me. It's not the typical Kentucky basketball season, because if you're like me, when the season ends you're counting down the days to big blue madness, I just hope this team can come together and really make a run and WIN the SEC CHampionship, and you can't tell me it isn't possible because it is, we take our licks early, but come March I just hope we are ready to play... But as always... GO CATS! I fully support Billy G, and I'll give him my support no matter how far south this season goes.
January 20, 200818 yr A few things about this one, I've been bothered by this loss all night.. Ramon Harris taking the shot in the clutch, look I'm in no way bashing the kid as I said earlier, but guys, he's really not been in a situation like this before, I mean I trust him taking the WIDE OPEN three, but driving and shooting a jumper, I just don't think that's his game, but I'm not bashing him, he's athletic and I can see him getting better in his years at UK, but you know you just don't let him take that shot in the clutch... I thought the Flagrant should of been called on the kid from Florida plowed into Ramel, I thought it was a good acting job, but I think he still might of knocked Ramel down, but Ramel just added a little flare on it...But still that's got to be a call, play was blown dead at least three seconds when it happened...Cheap shot if you ask me. I like the way Patterson plays, even though he didn't get a ton of touches, and he might get every shot blocked, but he is JUST A FRESHMAN, I really think these things will come with time, and he will learn from these kinds of games agaisnt Mississippi State and Florida about finishing around the rim, it's just somthing we have to look forward to, because he is already a work horse inside the paint, he puts fourth the effort as well... I can't question the heart of the Kentucky players after this one, they just could NOT get a stop though to save their lives, and I think it was because of the minutes they were playing, I really think Ramel is so good because of the heart he plays with, if he didn't care about this team he would be horrible, because he makes bad choices, but his heart takes his game a long way if you ask me. It's not the typical Kentucky basketball season, because if you're like me, when the season ends you're counting down the days to big blue madness, I just hope this team can come together and really make a run and WIN the SEC CHampionship, and you can't tell me it isn't possible because it is, we take our licks early, but come March I just hope we are ready to play... But as always... GO CATS! I fully support Billy G, and I'll give him my support no matter how far south this season goes. :thumb:
January 20, 200818 yr 1. Numerous ticky tack fouls called on UK. 2. Bradley gets decked. 3. Bogus charge calls. And all the calls we got were make up calls. IMO
January 20, 200818 yr I guess that is why Jay Bilas made a point about how BCG has not put the blame on individual players for the UK position. He has not come out and said this player is at fault or that player is at fault but rather has taken the heat to protect the players. I see ZERO difference in how BCG has treated players both holding them accountable and scolding them with Tubby. Except BCG's stare is not as intense as Tubby's. I have never ever seen any coach that has said not my fault my players are horrible and just laid an egg!! If a coach said that then they would never get a recruit or make it in the business. I say the BCG is not positive because I never see him emotional on the sidelines or clapping his guys on and being a cheerleader for them on the sidelines. Coach K even slaps the floor to turn up defensive intensity. I guess BCG thinks these aren't my guys nobody expects me to win? I just wish he would show these guys some energy from the bench during games.
January 20, 200818 yr I have never ever seen any coach that has said not my fault my players are horrible and just laid an egg!! If a coach said that then they would never get a recruit or make it in the business. I say the BCG is not positive because I never see him emotional on the sidelines or clapping his guys on and being a cheerleader for them on the sidelines. Coach K even slaps the floor to turn up defensive intensity. I guess BCG thinks these aren't my guys nobody expects me to win? I just wish he would show these guys some energy from the bench during games. You must not pay much attention. I've seen many times this season when BCG has encouraged the players. He always takes the time to talk to them when taking them out of the game also, thats not something many coaches can say.
January 20, 200818 yr Uh, Florida is 16-3 and 3-1 in the SEC.:creepy: First time since 1990 that UK nor Florida was ranked when they played each other.
January 20, 200818 yr I have never ever seen any coach that has said not my fault my players are horrible and just laid an egg!! If a coach said that then they would never get a recruit or make it in the business. I say the BCG is not positive because I never see him emotional on the sidelines or clapping his guys on and being a cheerleader for them on the sidelines. Coach K even slaps the floor to turn up defensive intensity. I guess BCG thinks these aren't my guys nobody expects me to win? I just wish he would show these guys some energy from the bench during games. Did you see him at A&M, UTEP? Is he that type of coach? Is he the rah-rah type of coach? Never seen Robert Montgomery slap the floor (players is another story) for defensive intensity and he knows a little bit about winning with players not nearly as talented as the other teams' players.
January 21, 200818 yr Author Ramone Harris, isn't that bad of a player. When he played in Alaska he got the nickname the "Alaskan Assassin" you don't get that for no reason. He also has a good shot but never gets to shoot because of 3 reasons, Ramel Bradley, Joe Crawford, and PP. Everything is ran through them because they are the three best players, IMO. There was only one REAL Alaskan Assasin.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.