Taking the charge ?

Let's look at it the other way.

I don't teach them the correct way to fall and take a charge and then they try to take one in a game and they fall incorrect. Break a wrist and sustain a concussion, aren't I liable then for not teaching them how to prevent such things?

Or are you saying as a coach to protect myself that I should forbid my players from taking charges, games or practice?

Do what ever , Iam just letting other young coaches see for their selfs this is a world that things like this happens. ;)

This is a call that seems to be made more in boys games than in girls games. There have been times when i have seem players drop their head and plow somebody and it is called a block in the 10 years have been following girls games this is a call that very few times is called correct

Do coaches stress taking a charge on the girls side enough? I have seen some coaches tell players to take the charge and others never mention it at all.

Trust me. I did.:thumb:

We charted it and gave out awards at the end of the season, just like the other stat awards. Most rebounds, most assists, most points, most charges, most steals, most blocks.