November 28, 200718 yr Oh my.... I read it and laughed but didn't think I would mention it. Now that you've mentioned it though i have to agree w/ you. This game was supposed to be so lopsided that there wasn't a spread on it in most places.
November 28, 200718 yr UK needs Jasper and Meeks back very badly! Uk could use Bammer Nolte, Bill Hornbuckle and Big Dave Miller from the Ashland YMCA right now. Bammer may even have some eligibility left.:thumb:
November 28, 200718 yr I read it and laughed but didn't think I would mention it. Now that you've mentioned it though i have to agree w/ you. This game was supposed to be so lopsided that there wasn't a spread on it in most places. post #89
November 28, 200718 yr Did Kentucky have 28 points at the half? I thought those days were in the past... What made you think those days were in the past? I mean a lot of you all apparently didn't realize when we got Billy G that he is a defensive coach just like Tubby, and not an offensive mastermind that is going to be laying 80 or 90 points on everyone...
November 28, 200718 yr Patterson is already better than Morris...........I just hope he stays around more than a year or two before the NBA gets him. I dont agree with that. Is he better than Morris was his freshman year, yes no doubt. But to say he is already better than Morris was here during his whole time at UK would be wrong. Morris ended up turning into a very good center for us, and had big games and against good teams. Patterson has yet to show us that he can have a big game when he is going against a good team with people as good as him down in the post...
November 28, 200718 yr He fell asleep during the pre-game meeting. :sleep::sleep::eek: I like that BCG made Stewart come out to tell the media why he did not play. Most often you hear violation of team rules or some other lame reason. Might make Stewart and the rest of them think about what reprecussions in the future.
November 28, 200718 yr I dont agree with that. Is he better than Morris was his freshman year, yes no doubt. But to say he is already better than Morris was here during his whole time at UK would be wrong. Morris ended up turning into a very good center for us, and had big games and against good teams. Patterson has yet to show us that he can have a big game when he is going against a good team with people as good as him down in the post... I agree with you. We're talking about a 1,000 point scorer that is on an NBA roster right now. Patterson has a bright future, but let's not get carried away just yet.
November 28, 200718 yr I agree with you. We're talking about a 1,000 point scorer that is on an NBA roster right now. Patterson has a bright future, but let's not get carried away just yet. :thumb:I do wonder if he wishes maybe he would have just stayed one more year now. Because I know he is making a lot of money now, but he has barely played any if at all this year has he? While if he was still here he would be a star and one of the best players in the nation and getting a lot of attention. So I guess it would just depend on how much he really liked playing basketball, if he wished he was still here or not..
November 28, 200718 yr :thumb:I do wonder if he wishes maybe he would have just stayed one more year now. Because I know he is making a lot of money now, but he has barely played any if at all this year has he? While if he was still here he would be a star and one of the best players in the nation and getting a lot of attention. So I guess it would just depend on how much he really liked playing basketball, if he wished he was still here or not.. We'd be an entirely different team with Morris and Patterson down low. Much like what we would've been a few years ago is Azubuike would've stuck around. He has only played one game so far this year, but I'm sure he'll take his $850,000 salary to the bank and not worry about it.
November 28, 200718 yr We'd be an entirely different team with Morris and Patterson down low. Much like what we would've been a few years ago is Azubuike would've stuck around. He has only played one game so far this year, but I'm sure he'll take his $850,000 salary to the bank and not worry about it. :thumb:We always seem to have one guy leave that makes a big difference for the team the next year. That is kind of what hurt Tubby actually. I mean I know we still had a great team in 04, but if Estill would have decided to try to come back for that year, we would have been even better, and probably never have lost to UAB. Then as you said Azubuike leaving really hurt the 06 team, as well as Morris not coming back to the team till midseason. If we just had Morris till this year, this team really could have been a serious threat for the final four..
November 28, 200718 yr They took Stony Brook's best shot tonight and picked up a win. They aren't that bad. I don't think that they did, Stony Brook's shooting was pitiful and yet they were able to stay fairly close, if Stony Brook would have...could have shot the basketball like Gardner-Webb they may have beaten us last night. I believe that Stony B. was intimidated by the size and atmosphere at Rupp Arena last night as well. Although the U.K./Rupp fans sat on their hands and kept their mouth shut most of the night:irked:. Besides.......we are talking about Stony Brook here...not quite a national powerhouse. U.K. stunk the place up last night, plain and simple.
November 28, 200718 yr :thumb:We always seem to have one guy leave that makes a big difference for the team the next year. That is kind of what hurt Tubby actually. I mean I know we still had a great team in 04, but if Estill would have decided to try to come back for that year, we would have been even better, and probably never have lost to UAB. Then as you said Azubuike leaving really hurt the 06 team, as well as Morris not coming back to the team till midseason. If we just had Morris till this year, this team really could have been a serious threat for the final four.. :thumb:
November 28, 200718 yr I dont agree with that. Is he better than Morris was his freshman year, yes no doubt. But to say he is already better than Morris was here during his whole time at UK would be wrong. Morris ended up turning into a very good center for us, and had big games and against good teams. Patterson has yet to show us that he can have a big game when he is going against a good team with people as good as him down in the post... I guess what I should have said is that Patterson is already more skilled than Morris. He is a better shooter, better passer, better ballhandler and his basketball IQ is also higher.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.