December 1, 200718 yr I feel like I hear this out of you in every post you make on Bgpreps reffering to UK basketball. Im not buying into your argument at all... :sleep::sleep::sleep: Maybe that team was so good and well rounded they could have played under any coach and won that championship. If Tubbys "System" was so good like you tend to think, he would have won another championship... Wow no one wonder people hate us UK fans, with such arrogance. That UK team was not the most talented team in the country. I mean some of your alls arguments would make sense if say UK would have just went through the tournament just dominating every team and winning by 20 plus each game. Because I mean that is exactly like how you all make it sound, when you say that they maybe could have played under any coach to win it all...Also yeah you will keep hearing that argument from me, because where am I so wrong in it. Also find me where I have EVER said Tubby's system was the best system. All I have said is that Tubby's system was the best system for that team. And please try to prove me wrong on that. I mean I have a national championship to back my claim up. And if you know basketball and have watched Tubby's teams over the years, and see the style he plays. You would see that those players he had on that team fitted perfect for the style he runs. I have explained this in an earlier post, so you can go look back on that if you want...Also you little claim in pretty much saying since he didn't win another title, means his system was not that good is very weak. I mean lets see here Lute Olsen, Syracuse coach (having a brain fart cant think of his name), Tom Izzo, and oh yeah Roy Williams have all only won one national title. So by your claim, since they haven't been able to win it more or again since their last title, that must mean their systems aren't that good... So yeah I definitely see now why so many people hate us UK fans, because I know ever since I joined bgp, I have started to dislike many of my own fellow UK fans. I mean you all really kill me in the whole its not Tubby's title in 98 and anyone could have won it. I mean if you are really think about it, you would understand exactly what I am saying. I mean I have gave a little credit to Pitino, and he does deserve a little credit because he brought those players in. However he was not the one doing any of the coaching that year we won the title, and it is Tubby's championship..
December 1, 200718 yr Yet, somehow Tubby seems to be having more success with his kids buying in and learning it than Billy G is. But how can that be? I mean as so many on here have said, Tubby couldn't even coach at a mid-major school, and everything he does is wrong...I mean people say Tubby left Billy G with not much to work with. But Tubby has A LOT less to work with than Billy G has here, and he has beaten the cupcakes like you are suppose to beat them, and even went on the road already at Iowa State and won a game. Then played a tough ball game on the road with a tough FSU game, and had it competitive throughout. However Tubby is a terrible coach like many have said. Its just funny how some people would use differen't arguments for the two differen't coaches, when there is a lot of similarities...
December 1, 200718 yr But how can that be? I mean as so many on here have said, Tubby couldn't even coach at a mid-major school, and everything he does is wrong...I mean people say Tubby left Billy G with not much to work with. But Tubby has A LOT less to work with than Billy G has here, and he has beaten the cupcakes like you are suppose to beat them, and even went on the road already at Iowa State and won a game. Then played a tough ball game on the road with a tough FSU game, and had it competitive throughout. However Tubby is a terrible coach like many have said. Its just funny how some people would use differen't arguments for the two differen't coaches, when there is a lot of similarities... :confused::sleep:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.