Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 62 Stony Brook 52

Featured Replies

Anyone from Stony Brook break a hip?

:laugh:

  • Replies 152
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't be changing my mind. There is alot of talent on the Kentucky team and they will be better and better as the season rolls along.

 

This I agree with as well, I know that in my earlier post it may not have seemed like it. I was still venting :irked:over the effort last night.

I am not quite as optimistic as you are on this years team but am not completely down on them either. I 100% agree that this U.K. team will keep getting better and come together and buy into Billy Clyde's system.

I love the one quote that I had heard on BCG, when talking about playing time and no "set" lineup or nummber of minutes and who hustles and plays in practice as well as the games..........."I told them that they had better hustle/play hard 100% of the time bc I control 100% of their playing time..."

Evidently, the loss to Gardner-Webb didn't sink in enough. They better play 10 times better on Saturday. I feel they will and it will be a good game with the Heels.

I guess what I should have said is that Patterson is already more skilled than Morris. He is a better shooter, better passer, better ballhandler and his basketball IQ is also higher.

 

I would also argue that better shooter statement. Morris actually developed a very good mid range game, and was able to face the basket and knock it down, and also make it off his little turn around jumper...Honestly though we shouldn't even compare the two because Morris is a center and Patterson is a PF and PF are usually more versatile than centers..

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but, say, if I had only seen one game this year, here is what I would think of UK's basketball team:

 

1. The guards can't beat a zone or a press.

2. Perry Stevenson knows what to do, but always a second after the defense knows what he is thinking.

3. Patrick Patterson looks like the only player who has ever played basketball at a high level.

4. Michael Porter plays for Stony Brook.

5. Ramel Bradley hasn't ever seen a shot he doesn't like.

6. Joe Crawford looks brilliant, then disappears for a while.

7. Mark Coury belongs on the bench.

8. Alex Legion knows what he is doing but isn't much of a threat because he doesn't want to score.

 

Also, where was A.J. Stewart this game?

I would also argue that better shooter statement. Morris actually developed a very good mid range game, and was able to face the basket and knock it down, and also make it off his little turn around jumper...Honestly though we shouldn't even compare the two because Morris is a center and Patterson is a PF and PF are usually more versatile than centers..

If Morris had half of Patterson's hustle and effort,he wouldn't be sitting on the bench in the NBA now he would be playing.As for Stoney not making shots,if UK had made a decent number of their threes this thread wouldn't be near what it has beccome.They only made one three I believe so that would have changed the spread quite a bit.:rolleyes:

If Morris had half of Patterson's hustle and effort,he wouldn't be sitting on the bench in the NBA now he would be playing.As for Stoney not making shots,if UK had made a decent number of their threes this thread wouldn't be near what it has beccome.They only made one three I believe so that would have changed the spread quite a bit.:rolleyes:

 

Kentucky ONLY won by 10 points, so the wheels are falling off. I'm happy to get another win and ready to move on to the next game.

Also, where was A.J. Stewart this game?

 

:sleep:

Remember last year when the same players and it was the coaches fault they played so bad?

Remember last year when the same players and it was the coaches fault they played so bad?

 

Remember when it was the last coach that recruited all these guys? Remember when they had all been in his system since they came to college?

 

Don't start this crap.

Remember last year when the same players and it was the coaches fault they played so bad?

 

I'm at a loss for words...oh, wait, something is coming to me...

 

 

what is it...

 

 

let's see...

 

OH YEAH, I just remembered:

 

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Remember last year when the same players and it was the coaches fault they played so bad?
:sssh:You know thay don't want to hear that.:lol:
Remember last year when the same players and it was the coaches fault they played so bad?

 

 

So its the players. These players were recruited by Tubby, right? There lies the problem.

Remember when it was the last coach that recruited all these guys? Remember when they had all been in his system since they came to college?

 

Don't start this crap.

 

But wait I thought that shouldn't matter. I mean I could be wrong but I think you are one of the ones who doesn't like to give credit to Tubby for the 98 team since it was Pitinos players. But you basically say here that it is hard to change a team after they ran one coaches style for all of college. Well Tubby was able to get that 98 team to buy into his style and win a title with it after they all were use to Pitinos running style.. So I guess you do agree now that 98 was Tubby's title! :thumb: :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.