November 28, 200718 yr I'm going to watch the game at 11:30 and see for myself. Either way, I think they'll surprise a few people Saturday. Stony Brook is not a good bball team this year.
November 28, 200718 yr I'm going to watch the game at 11:30 and see for myself. Either way, I think they'll surprise a few people Saturday. You really would be better off watching a Univision special on the life span of an ant colony as opposed to watching the game. BUT that's your choice of course. :lol:
November 28, 200718 yr Believe that if you want, but I had heard that he was Duke bound until BCG came about. I heard differently. I heard he just didn't mesh with the team. People forget how much distance had to do with why he's at UK. I guess it's all hearsay, i'm not saying your wrong.
November 28, 200718 yr Stony Brook is not a good bball team this year. I kind of gathered that with the 0-5 record and 319 ranking. The Kentucky players also know this information. I can say from experience that its very easy to have games like this against this type of team.
November 28, 200718 yr I kind of gathered that with the 0-5 record and 319 ranking. The Kentucky players also know this information. I can say from experience that its very easy to have games like this against this type of team. What a change over the past several years. That would not have been the mindset of the typical fan (or player) back in the day. Now it seems like it's almost expected.
November 28, 200718 yr What a change over the past several years. That would not have been the mindset of the typical fan (or player) back in the day. Now it seems like it's almost expected. I never mind a "flat" game against this type of team. The times that the Tubby teams got under my skin was the SEC games against the likes of Vandy and Alabama. I don't see how you can't get up for those games.
November 28, 200718 yr Wow..I had to work and didnt get to listen to the game...this score is scary!:eek::scared: We better play better against UNC! :fight:
November 28, 200718 yr I don't disagree that theere's no excuse for not getting up for a conference game - any conference game. But the NCAA tournament bigwigs are gonna remember the Gardner-Webb game; and maybe an ugly 10-point win at home against a woeful Stony Brook team come selection time.
November 28, 200718 yr I don't disagree that theere's no excuse for not getting up for a conference game - any conference game. But the NCAA tournament bigwigs are gonna remember the Gardner-Webb game; and maybe an ugly 10-point win at home against a woeful Stony Brook team come selection time. Kentucky won't be on the bubble this season. Nothing to worry about.
November 28, 200718 yr Fell asleep in the pre-game meeting according to post-game show with BCG. Sounds like a pretty food reason to me. :lol: :thumb:That would be a deciding factor for me. I don't know about the food though. (j/k, I am laughing with you and not at you. If it wasn't for edit button I would never be able to post. :lol:)
November 28, 200718 yr One ugly game, Ramel had to be in the dog house since Porter was continually making poor decisions. Stevenson played well but he is so weak, and his hands rival those of Marvin Stone. Maybe he was just trying to see how Porter would do with extended minutes........unfortunately for Porter that he did nothing to prove he can be much help against decent comp. UK needs Jasper and Meeks back very badly!
November 28, 200718 yr You really would be better off watching a Univision special on the life span of an ant colony as opposed to watching the game. BUT that's your choice of course. :lol: I agree, although National Geographic's "The Private Life of Plants" might be a little more exciting than tonight's game. In reality, I got more than a little nervous when they closed it to 6 with 5 minutes to go. And Kentucky will be fine eventually; they always come back to the top. That is one thing history has shown over and over.
November 28, 200718 yr I kind of gathered that with the 0-5 record and 319 ranking. The Kentucky players also know this information. I can say from experience that its very easy to have games like this against this type of team. Excellent point.. I don't care how much your coach tries to instill it in you, you know the UK players knew Stony Brook was an 0-5 winless team and it is hard to get up for every game, especially in the early season when you haven't yet determined the players roles. Add that to Meeks and Jasper being out and very little depth and you'll see alot of games like this. I don't see UK having the horses to run with NCarolina, even with Meeks and Jasper, but, I do think you'll see a much better effort saturday.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.