Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Name All-Star Teams

Featured Replies

  • Author

While I don't know Elliott's passing numbers, I'm guessing they're better than Clay's. That probably hurt Clay in the voting. If I were a voter, I'd vote him in as a running back.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

While I don't know Elliott's passing numbers, I'm guessing they're better than Clay's. That probably hurt Clay in the voting. If I were a voter, I'd vote him in as a running back.
I would think #15 from NCC would be listed in there.

 

Doesn't play one position is probably why. Partly a linebacker, partly a rush end, partly a defensive back, partly a safety.

Instead of who?

 

Hard to say considering that I don't live in NKY anymore, just surprised they didn't make it.

I should know this but, do the coaches nominate their own players or are the young men nominated by opposing coaches?

I'm not sure how Rob Kues isn't 1st team QB. Don't get me wrong, Elliot is a good quarterback, but Rob had the better season after leading NKY in passing yards and touchdowns. And also how Mark Kelly or any of the receivers aren't on the list.

  • Author
I'm not sure how Rob Kues isn't 1st team QB. Don't get me wrong, Elliot is a good quarterback, but Rob had the better season after leading NKY in passing yards and touchdowns. And also how Mark Kelly or any of the receivers aren't on the list.

 

I like Kues but I'd take Elliott.

I like Kues but I'd take Elliott.

 

Personally, I didn't think either one of them were the among the best QB's in NKY. Definately didn't think Elliott was 1st team QB material, DB I agree with wholeheartedly. I'm sure Mr. Elliott has the talent to put up great numbers as a QB, but IMO the award should be based upon the accomplishments in the given season. I think Cody is a fine athlete and could honestly make this time at any position but line (maybe even there too) if given the opportunity. I just didn't think his season this year warranted a 1st team selection. I think Bricking, the kid from Campbell, and Bogle all warrant consideration here.....

Personally, I didn't think either one of them were the among the best QB's in NKY. Definately didn't think Elliott was 1st team QB material, DB I agree with wholeheartedly. I'm sure Mr. Elliott has the talent to put up great numbers as a QB, but IMO the award should be based upon the accomplishments in the given season. I think Cody is a fine athlete and could honestly make this time at any position but line (maybe even there too) if given the opportunity. I just didn't think his season this year warranted a 1st team selection. I think Bricking, the kid from Campbell, and Bogle all warrant consideration here.....

 

You must not of saw alot of football in NKY this year???? Bricking was better his Soph year and the other two wouldn't even be in my top 5 or 6....Clay Cecil is Northern Kentucky's Pat White and should at least be 2nd Team...No way no how Bricking should be on the 2nd Team...Just my opinion...:irked:

I can't believe that Clay Cecil, Joe Fitzgerald, and Drew Simons aren't on this list..WOW!!! Almost forgot Zach Hurtt......:confused::confused:

 

Don't feel bad, in my earlier post, I forgot Clay and Drew.:eek:

I'd like to congratulate Austin Collinsworth on a great year. He proved what kind of player he was this year. He was challenged early in the season by about every team we played but after having 5 interception's it seem that team's started throwing the other way. It's hard sometimes living up to a high profile name but this young man has done it with pride and determination. The best part is he is only a sophomore.

  • Author
Personally, I didn't think either one of them were the among the best QB's in NKY. Definately didn't think Elliott was 1st team QB material, DB I agree with wholeheartedly. I'm sure Mr. Elliott has the talent to put up great numbers as a QB, but IMO the award should be based upon the accomplishments in the given season. I think Cody is a fine athlete and could honestly make this time at any position but line (maybe even there too) if given the opportunity. I just didn't think his season this year warranted a 1st team selection. I think Bricking, the kid from Campbell, and Bogle all warrant consideration here.....

 

If I had voted, I would have voted Bogle. However, from an all-around threat standpoint, Cody has to be pretty high.

 

Note: I did not see the CC qb.

If I had voted, I would have voted Bogle. However, from an all-around threat standpoint, Cody has to be pretty high.

 

Note: I did not see the CC qb.

 

My guess would be because he did not play the whole year at the QB position. Eshman only paid 6 games at the QB this year for Campbell County.

If I had voted, I would have voted Bogle. However, from an all-around threat standpoint, Cody has to be pretty high.

 

Note: I did not see the CC qb.

 

I'd have gone with Cecil and its not just because I'm being a homer. Seems like over the last decade or so, we've placed all the emphasis (perhaps a fixation) on the passing game on judging the value of a qb, which I think is inaccurate. Cecil passed the ball much better than some people want to admit. Last I checked he was over 50% completion rate. And he threw a very nice ball, particularly the deep pass which I have to logically assume is the toughest to complete. And his running ability was beyond compare in N. Ky, maybe in the state. The only qb that could come close there is Elliott.

 

Why should a qb be judged based only on his passing accomplishments?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.