Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Name All-Star Teams

Featured Replies

ALL-NKAC

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

 

Quarterback

#13 Cody Elliott Beechwood

 

Running Back

#21 Marty Molony Dixie Heights

#4 Cory Farris Boone County

#23 Josh Conner Highlands

 

Wide Receiver

#80 E.J. Dettmer Dixie Heights

#19 Nathan Ponzer Simon Kenton

#22 Mercier Doucette Boone County

 

Tight End

#90 Ryan Eten Campbell County

 

Offensive Line

#66 Alex Koski Dixie Heights

#54 Ryan Ball Highlands

#57 Dominic Mainello Beechwood

#51 Andy Schulte Covington Catholic

#72 Cory Tymenski Ryle

 

Place Kicker

#18 Mitchell Jett Dixie Heights

 

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Line

#88 Sam Brown Boone County

#90 Ryan Eten Campbell County

#26 Drew Davis Beechwood

#76 Dustin Giesler Newport Catholic

 

Linebacker

#7 Stephen Benson Dixie Heights

#55 Luke Stein Highlands

#59 Brian Sauerbeck Campbell County

 

Defensive Back

#33 Nick Kaiser Boone County

#22 Austin Collinsworth Highlands

#10 Drew Bathiany Highlands

#13 Cody Elliott Beechwood

 

Punter

#18 Mitchell Jett Dixie Heights

 

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

 

Quarterback

#11 Joey Bricking Dixie Heights

#20 Rob Kues Newport Catholic

 

Running Back

#24 Alex Brummett Dayton

#4 Joe Wynn Dayton

#29 Phillip Moore Holy Cross

#24 Adam Schmitz Ryle

 

Wide Receiver

#27 Austin Studer Campbell County

#6 Grant Logan Ludlow

 

Tight End

#83 Dustin Trimnell Dayton

 

Offensive Line

#55 Luke Stein Highlands

#73 Bob Berns Bellevue

#52 Chris Hoffman Beechwood

#60 Keith Searcy Dayton

#75 Tim McIntyre Dayton

 

Place Kicker

#19 Jared Kaufman Ryle

 

 

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

 

Defensive Line

#66 Alex Koski Dixie Heights

#56 Greg Turner Boone County

#58 Adam Reis Highlands

#40 Jordan Wilson Simon Kenton

#59 Eric Wedding Newport Catholic

#91 Kevin Stewart Covington Catholic

#7 Chris Bryzinski Ryle

 

Linebacker

#4 Tommy Bankemper Beechwood

#37 John Pabst Newport Catholic

#42 Nick Franzen Newport Catholic

#24 Alex Brummett Dayton

 

Defensive Back

#30 Miles Simpson Simon Kenton

#26 Pat Fagel Covington Catholic

#1 Rashaad Palmer Holmes

#5 James Miller Holmes

#25 Josh Morgan Ryle

 

Punter

#20 Ryne Wilfong Newport

 

#19 Jared Kaufman Ryle

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Let me say how thrilled I am to have Kevin Stewart of CCH named to the 2nd team. Talk about a kid working his tail off to get bigger, faster, and stronger and then making plays like he did this year. He never really got on the field as a SOPH or JR but continued working. Add to it that he has never played D-line and its even more impressive.

 

Nice job, KStew.

  • Author

There obviously must be some sort of rule that you have to play the entire season to be on the team. That's the only way Pat Van Sant doesn't get mentioned.

Overall I think they did a good job. Van Sant, however, was overlooked.

Congrats to all the players. Your hard work has gone noticed.:thumb:

Congrats to all the kids that made the team. Can someone please tell me how Joe Fitzgerald from Highlands doesn't make this team?

Overall I think they did a good job. Van Sant, however, was overlooked.

 

 

I understand your feelings. Heck, I don't see how you could leave Hurtt, Fitzgerald and Bathiany (as a kicker, and don't get me wrong, Jett is a very good kicker, I just feel that Bathiany was better. No doubt that Jett is the best punter that I saw this year) off this team either. But there are only so many spots and its a tough job trying to winnow down all the good players. Glad I didn't have to make the selections. Very tough job. With 4 N. Ky teams still playing in the semis, you know there is a lot of talent this year in N. Ky. Plus, and I don't know this so I'm only speculating, I would have to assume there is some attempt made, if not overtly then subliminely, to have a lot of schools get some representation.

 

Congrats to all the kids that made the team. You are obviously very deserving. For those of you that didn't make it but are still playing, keep your eyes on the big prize: the state title.

Congrats to all the kids that made the team. Can someone please tell me how Joe Fitzgerald from Highlands doesn't make this team?

 

Unbelievable:mad:

Yeah, I am not a big fan of any kid being mentioned twice on any all star team. I think there are two other kids in NKY somewhere who deserve to be mentioned whether they play those positions or not. Heck, possibly Highlands very best overall athelete isnt even mentioned in Clay Cecil. LN said it best for guys like Cecil, Hurtt, Fitzgerald, Simons and others the ultimate award will be in two weeks. No individual award can ever measure up to that feat guys. Go BIRDS.

No Furnish or Buckley surprises me, I know Buckley was hurt but I figured one of them would make it.

No Furnish or Buckley surprises me, I know Buckley was hurt but I figured one of them would make it.

 

Instead of who?

I can't believe that Clay Cecil, Joe Fitzgerald, and Drew Simons aren't on this list..WOW!!! Almost forgot Zach Hurtt......:confused::confused:

How did Aaron Morgan from Lloyd not even make 2nd team linebacker? He lead NKY in tackles this season. He might be small but he's a good player.

 

Also, Roger Herthel lead NKY in catches and was one of the leaders in receiving yards.

I glad to see Grant Logan from Ludlow made the 2nd team. He had a GREAT season for the Panthers and definitely deserved to make it. I know he also was one of the best if the not the best kick/punt returners in NKY this year...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.