Beechwood 47 Ludlow 12 (1A)

HHSDad

Ludlow played with Beechwood for most of the first half, and then Beechwood pulled away. I know the score was Beechwood 7 and Ludlow 6 midway through the 2nd quarter, and then Beechwood scored two quick touchdowns to go up 21 to 6. Then I stopped getting updates from my friend at the game, so I knew that Beechwood must have got a pretty good lead...

I know I wasn't at the game tonight, but from talking to some of my friends at the game tonight. I am VERY PROUD of the effort the players and coaches gave tonight. They hung with probably the future state champions for pretty much the whole first half, and was only down 1 midway through the 2nd quarter. I know that is a lot better than most people would have thought they would have done. So sounds like the players played very hard, and that Coach Borchers and his staff had a good game plan for the game, considering the team they were playing. So I very happy with the effort they put out there tonight!!!

Ludlow played very hard and inspired .B'Wood turned the ball over on there first 2 possessions giving Ludlow great field position ,once about the 15 .Ludlow just could not punch them in .Great punt return for Ludlows first score .

It seemed the Tigers size kind of took over in the 2nd half .The 2 quick TDS at the end of the 1st half did not help .Much closer game than many expected early on .

Great job by B'Wood to overcome the early turnovers .Need to limit the mistakes to keep winning . :thumb:

Ludlow played with great heart. Early on it appeared that they came ready to play and perhaps Beechwood was a bit over confident. Fortunately the Tigers settled down and got back to business.

Congratulations to Ludlow for a game well played. Keep it going Tigers! :ylsuper:

Congrats to Ludlow, gave us a go of it! Was disapointed in my Tigers however, stale play calling, and uninspired play, kept this game alot closer than it should have been. They need to get the basics handled, poor tackling for the third straight week. If the Tigers want to continue to win deeper in the playoffs, someone better light a fire!

First of all, congrats to Beechwood on getting to advance. Also congrats to Ludlow and their senior class for being only the 7th team in school history to make the playoffs. Coach Borchers did a great job gameplanning and keeping the team motivated. As long as Borchers is at the helm at Ludlow, the program will continue to get better. I think kids down there are starting to finally realize that they can play with anybody on anyday.

• 3 weeks later...
First of all, congrats to Beechwood on getting to advance. Also congrats to Ludlow and their senior class for being only the 7th team in school history to make the playoffs. Coach Borchers did a great job gameplanning and keeping the team motivated. As long as Borchers is at the helm at Ludlow, the program will continue to get better. I think kids down there are starting to finally realize that they can play with anybody on anyday.

In checking Ludlows record the past 2 years (4 & 6 and 3 & 8) I think many down in Ludlow might disagree with the idea that the program is getting better.