Boston College 14 Virginia Tech 10

swamprat

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you kick the FG, you still pin them failry deep in their own territory instead of a punt. Allowing them the hope of a TD, FG to tie was all the momentum they needed. It was over after that call. BC would've almost shrun thinking they needed 2 TD's with less than 4 minutes. MOMENTUM. Plus playing not to lose in the last 3 minutes, instead of playing to win.

Plus playing not to lose in the last 3 minutes, instead of playing to win.

This is the one and only thing I don't like about Bud Foster. Every year, we lose 1 or 2 games because of this mentality.

Ryan had at least 15 seconds to look down field on each and every pass attempt in the last two minutes. Rush 4 like you did all game long and VT wins.

Biggest stat of the game - "0" - the number of points VT's defense scored. Our offense can't do it this year, and it's been proven. Add that to the fact that our better QB was out... our defense knew it was on their shoulders. They carried it for 58 minutes, but those last two minutes were just ugly.

This is the one and only thing I don't like about Bud Foster. Every year, we lose 1 or 2 games because of this mentality.

Ryan had at least 15 seconds to look down field on each and every pass attempt in the last two minutes. Rush 4 like you did all game long and VT wins.

Biggest stat of the game - "0" - the number of points VT's defense scored. Our offense can't do it this year, and it's been proven. Add that to the fact that our better QB was out... our defense knew it was on their shoulders. They carried it for 58 minutes, but those last two minutes were just ugly.

I feel your pain and have the saturated, wet clothes to go with it. :irked:

It was a great effort by the defense but like you said, the ending was so predictable when Bud stopped sending four or more.

Matt Ryan showed me nothing until the last two drives. He was bothered by the rush, the weather and the crowd until then. The rain was not as bad at the end as it had been. He is clutch at the end and my hat is off to him for that.

This is the worst VTech offense I've ever seen. (and that says a lot) The o-line is absolutely awful at times and I really didn't see anything that made me believe that BC was #2 in the nation. They are beneficaries of a weak schedule (no one saw the ND collapse) and a weak ACC this year.

Tech dropped enough passes and INT's in the early going to blow the game open but they just didn't have it when it counted the most.

I might add that the Onside Kick was luck in that the ball bounced just right into the hands of the BC player.

Tough one to lose. Give BC credit for pulling it out but it always takes a little help to pull this kind out and VT gave them that help.

I fell asleep with 5 minutes left and VT up 10-0 then I wake up in the middle of the night and I see that score I was like WOW!!! how could this happen. I really wanted VT to win so wee could rise in the rankings. Those 2 drives for Ryan at the end of the game may get him the Heisman. I still feel Woodson is the best player though.

If somehow (which I don't think they will) they make it to the national championship game, they will get drilled!

They have 4 games remaining, all against teams with winning records and including 2 road games. Then, they will play in the ACC title game. I don't know if they will go undefeated for that 5 game stretch.