Boone County

I read in the Ky post this afternoon that Cheryl Findley is not playing basketball this coming season, because she will be playing volleyball in the winter. With Brasseaux gone because she moved, and now Findley not playing, how will this affect Boone County this coming season? Who will replace Brasseaux and Findley? The paper also said that Sparrow is healing from a fall from her skateboard.

This topic has been discussed. BC will struggle big-time and thay have no one to replace any player that was lost. They lost a total of 10 players off of last years team and will finish in the middle of the pack in the 9th region...at best!

The ranking that was used in today's KY Post is the same one from back in April which is why they are ranked #1. Since that time poll they lost 4 additional impact players. Prior to then, they were absolutely the favorite to win the region.

Not even Nell Fookes can pull a rabbit out of this hat...

Boone has an extrmely talented freshman class coming, yes they will struggle, but they have leadership, key players in Bradly and Behrens who are arguably some of the best players in the 9th, lets not forget the obvious a good coaching staff including their new assistant. So who knows? I would look for new talent to emerge from their freshman and sophomore classes, esp from Freshman. Maybe not the team were used to, but still a contender if the girls can step up.

As stated by InDaZone, no one will replace the two inside players. There aren't many 6'2"/6'3" girls floating around NKY. They still have two of the top ten players in the region.

I don't doubt they have some talented freshman but, IMO, it is highly unusual for a freshman to make an impact at the V level. You could count those freshman on two hands over the yrs in NKY. I think Joscelyn Davis will be the key to BC's success along w/Beth Sparrow being more consistant, playing some D and obviously trying to stay healthy for once. Bradley and Behrens will do their thing as usual. Don't count the Lady Rebels out yet.

As stated by InDaZone, no one will replace the two inside players. There aren't many 6'2"/6'3" girls floating around NKY. They still have two of the top ten players in the region.

I don't doubt they have some talented freshman but, IMO, it is highly unusual for a freshman to make an impact at the V level. You could count those freshman on two hands over the yrs in NKY. I think Joscelyn Davis will be the key to BC's success along w/Beth Sparrow being more consistant, playing some D and obviously trying to stay healthy for once. Bradley and Behrens will do their thing as usual. Don't count the Lady Rebels out yet.

I am not an expert on the depth charts of NKY girls b-ball so...

There are only a couple of teams in girls b-ball that have a legit chance of being the best in the region. Boone has to be considered one of them along with NDA, Holmes, and probably the Birds.

Boone County won't be middle of the pack but they aren't the clear cut favorite anymore either.

They still have two very good players and that is enough to make them a top contender in the region.

Any of the top NKY teams can probably beat one another this year.

I do think this is going to be a slightly below average year for NKY on the state-wide level. No stand out team and Boone, Highlands, NCC, Notre Dame and Holmes all have negatives that the top state teams can exploit.

Boone has an extrmely talented freshman class coming, yes they will struggle, but they have leadership, key players in Bradly and Behrens who are arguably some of the best players in the 9th, lets not forget the obvious a good coaching staff including their new assistant. So who knows? I would look for new talent to emerge from their freshman and sophomore classes, esp from Freshman. Maybe not the team were used to, but still a contender if the girls can step up.

Which is ?? and she has done what, just curious???