Greenup Player Question?

He might not, It been a very bad year for the senior boy. This should've been a winning year. Most of these boys been together since 2nd grade. In a shame.

I was excited :banana: to hear he was back. He has so much talent, it's a shame that it has been wasted. I feel sorry for the SENIORS. This is their last year there and it hasn't been one imo they'll want to remember.

I was excited :banana: to hear he was back. He has so much talent, it's a shame that it has been wasted. I feel sorry for the SENIORS. This is their last year there and it hasn't been one imo they'll want to remember.
Mahan was asked to move to another position, and he quit, he only came to quarterback, but that did not happen, but him leaving has opened up a spot for a younger player, IMO he had a bad attitude, and is not a team player. Yes, he is an athlete but Coach Hart let him go for some reason also.

Is this the same player who left Greenup to Ashland, dismissed from Ashland's team and just declared eligible to play once again at Greenup? What a three ring circus!! Sounds like he needs some parental guidance.

It sounds like he is taking advice from whoever was giving Maurice Clarrett advice at Ohio State. I hate to see talent wasted. But you can have all the talent in the world and if you are not disciplined inside yourself it won't matter. The old adage that some of the greatest football players are walking the streets. Do you remember the Rogans who played for Ohio State from Urbana? They had about 10 boys all where awesome athletes and a few ran the ball at Ohio State. But there were a few Rogans who weren't disciplined and got into trouble and basically ran the streets. Those Rogans were supposed to have the most talent of any of the boys. Who knows what they could have done?????? It is sad.

Mahan was asked to move to another position, and he quit, he only came to quarterback, but that did not happen, but him leaving has opened up a spot for a younger player, IMO he had a bad attitude, and is not a team player. Yes, he is an athlete but Coach Hart let him go for some reason also.

I do not know the young man but I do wish him the best. I just hope that he learned a lesson in this whole thing. If you go through life and quit when things don't go your way, or they get hard, life will be even harder. In most cases when a player quits a team sport I would say it is best for the team. I don't know what position he was asked to play but in my mind he should have done what the coach asked. When you join a team after leaving another team for what ever reason you are definately not in any position to dictate where you are going to play. You should be grateful that you were allowed to play and accept the hand that is dealt to you. Not the hand that you want.

It sounds like he is taking advice from whoever was giving Maurice Clarrett advice at Ohio State. I hate to see talent wasted. But you can have all the talent in the world and if you are not disciplined inside yourself it won't matter. The old adage that some of the greatest football players are walking the streets. Do you remember the Rogans who played for Ohio State from Urbana? They had about 10 boys all where awesome athletes and a few ran the ball at Ohio State. But there were a few Rogans who weren't disciplined and got into trouble and basically ran the streets. Those Rogans were supposed to have the most talent of any of the boys. Who knows what they could have done?????? It is sad.

That would be NFL great Jim Brown and Maurice Clarrett's mother. I think they saw dollar signs and that was all they could see. Instead of telling Maurice to go see Coach Tressell and beg for forgiveness they told him to sue the NFL for not letting him in the NFL draft.