Ashland 31 Boyd Co. 0 (JV)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! The middle school teams have also been KILLING teams. They play Tuesday at 5:30 and 7:00 at Putnam.
In 2 weeks, Ashland plays Greenup County, jv. are 3-1, the freshmen are 2-0, and there defense has not been scored on, should be a couple of good games that week.

What is Ashland's JV record? I talked to one of the players the other day, and he told me that two of their games had been canceled due to rain. I assume that they were afraid of doing damage to the field at Putnam Stadium. I really don't understand why you would cancel games and lose out on games that help develop the younger players.

Absolutely! The middle school teams have also been KILLING teams. They play Tuesday at 5:30 and 7:00 at Putnam.

I heard that Rose Hill's eighth grade beat Ashland's eighth grade 22-0 in a gridarama at Boyd County. I also heard that Ashland won't schedule a regular game with Rose Hill for either the seventh or eighth grade teams. As I remember, RH's seventh grade beat Ashland 22-0 in the same gridarama last year. Any truth to this or did I receive bad information.

I heard that Rose Hill's eighth grade beat Ashland's eighth grade 22-0 in a gridarama at Boyd County. I also heard that Ashland won't schedule a regular game with Rose Hill for either the seventh or eighth grade teams. As I remember, RH's seventh grade beat Ashland 22-0 in the same gridarama last year. Any truth to this or did I receive bad information.

I dont know. But there is one thing that I know for sure. This thread has NOTHING to do with Rose Hill "football". Please understand that not everything revolves around the relationship, or lack of relationship between Ashland and RH. If you would like to start a thread about RH middle school "football" then you should do that.

I was told by Verity's 7th grade coach that Rose Hill wanted to play 8th grades in the 7th grade game, and that Verity told them that they wouldn't allow that. I honestly don't know if that would be legal to begin with.

I’m not Golden Gopher, but can anybody play?

I haven’t heard anything about Rose Hill football this year – but, they were very good last year and I heard the same thing as you regarding the Ashland/RH match-up. I don’t know anything about scheduling issues – so I won’t comment.

I think it will be interesting to see if RH continues to support their football program all the way through high school as these boys get older – or if the boys transfer to public school to play football. Some school may get a gift in the form of a quality transfer.

How did the freshman QB (Johnson) look?

Chris looked very poised and lead the team without missing a beat.I was very impressed with him at the QB spot.I didnt get to watch whole game it was 18-0 when i got there ,but he threw a TD pass.With his size i think he will grow into a very good QB.

The JV team did some text book blocking and play,looks good for the future.:thumb::

You sort of opened the door to the mention of other teams. Ashland's middle school has been dominated by RH for two years in a row. How many other games has Ashland's JV won and who have they beat?

I was told by Verity's 7th grade coach that Rose Hill wanted to play 8th grades in the 7th grade game, and that Verity told them that they wouldn't allow that. I honestly don't know if that would be legal to begin with.

After reading your post, I made a couple of inquiries to individuals associated with each school. Both have assured me that you received incorrect information. I would have to believe that that is the case since Rose Hill apparently has both a fully manned seventh grade team as well as a fully manned eighth grade team.

I was further told by a representative of the Ashland "athletic community" that the middle school coach was told by a "higher up" that he was not to schedule Rose Hill.

It is no big deal since schools can play whomever they choose. However, schools should not be "creative" in explaining the policy.

I agree that it will be interesting to see what happens in regard to football at Rose Hill. I agree with Greybeard that it could produce a windfall for one or more local public schools. Apparently Rose Hill has some fairly talented players. With the less than amiable relationship between Ashland and Rose Hill athletics, I would be surprised if Ashland gets much of the windfall.