Madison Southern 30 Williamsburg 27

Qb7footballfan

Good win for Madison Southern, Williamsburg looks to be in a rough stretch but for a young team 3-3 is still a good start, they will continue to grow and get better. I also think their coach should be commended he has really strengthened their schedule from where it was just a few years back. Playing LCA, Madison Southern, Cumberland in non district is a big step up from just a few years ago when they were playing teams like Jellico.

HT721, you are right. The scheduling used to be horrendous. They have stepped up their competition and it can only make them better. We had this game on the radio while LC was playing and I don't know how Stan surrvived it with all the twists and turns in the

2nd half. Speed hurt W'burg again tonight. Seemed to be a lot of turnovers in the game, especially in the 4th qtr. by both teams.

IMO, I think that Madison Southern, at 0-4, may have been overlooked by a young team. It happens.

I don't know I think if Stan survived the night Wburg beat Corbin a few years ago he can survive anything. I had that game on the radio and I thought they were going to have to call in the stretcher after the heart attack he sounded like he was about to have.

Good win for Madison, they bascially gave the game to Williamsburg, but the Burg could not make the plays when they needed them at the end. Hopefully the Burg can rebound from the tough competition and play better in District play.

HT721, you are right. The scheduling used to be horrendous. They have stepped up their competition and it can only make them better. We had this game on the radio while LC was playing and I don't know how Stan surrvived it with all the twists and turns in the

2nd half. Speed hurt W'burg again tonight. Seemed to be a lot of turnovers in the game, especially in the 4th qtr. by both teams.

IMO, I think that Madison Southern, at 0-4, may have been overlooked by a young team. It happens.

I don't think anyone overlooked Southern, it was one of those games young teams have. Williamsburg is really hurting with 2 big starters out on defense, and Will Moses was only about 75%. You are seeing growing pains, especially at QB and receiver. Williamsburg had receivers running free but couldn't get the ball to them, and when they could, too many drops. This was agame that neither team seemed to wanted to seize. Frustrating I'm sure for fans and coaches on both sides. Hopefully the Jackets bounce back as district play begins again with Campbellsville next week.

Williamsburg other a couple of spots played much better this week. Pettit had his best game on defense. The injuries have caused the Jackets to move kids around and I saw some mistakes by young kids in unfamilar positions. Madison Southern was big and fast. They seemed to lack self discipline and are their own worst enemies. They gave the Jackets at least 3 first downs jumping offsides with their coaches screaming watch the ball. The 175 yards in penalties at McCreary is understandable after watching them play. #12 is a very good back and he broke tackles and made kids miss him all night. He set up everything else they did. The Jackets were better this week and with Jake and Sunshine back next week I expect a win for the Jackets. I can't stand two trips to Campbellsville within one season so they need to win. Rollins also was not 100% but played exceptionally hard. His motor goes all out from the opening kickoff until the final horn. The younger kids need to watch how hard he plays. Thomas and Perkins make more plays every game and are becoming intregal parts of the defense. Brock played very well. He made some tough catches and seemed to be open all night. His numbers were down but he may have played his best game.

I hate to see Williamsburg Struggle after getting out to such a good start. We went and watched the Cumberland game and I see alot of potential with the young Williamsburg team. The Qb was very impressive and had atleast 3 recievers who manange to stay wide open but it seemed they dropped alot of catchable passes. They had a tuff little running back but he was limping by the 3rd quarter, thought i heard someone say he broke his foot. good luck this weekend and we will see you all the 19th.