Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic at Ryle Predictions

Who wins? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Newport Central Catholic
      42%
    • Ryle
      57%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Newport Catholic or Ryle? Opinions....

  • Replies 94
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryle by at least 3 TD's.

Not saying Ryle won't win, but there is NO WAY they win by 3 td's. Sooner or later the LARGE schools will have ro accept that the smaller schools in NKY can play with them.

Having watched Ryle against the Birds and NC against the Colonels, I have to lean towards the Union-ites.

I think it should be a good game. Two years ago I think Ryle was a critical game for NewCath in that it showed them they could beat a quality large team that is physically much bigger and has more roster depth. Last year NCC made numerous mistakes on offense in the first half and still only trailed 6-0 but found out you can't give a team as good as Ryle turnovers that put your defense back on the field because Ryle will flat out wear down a smaller school.

 

It has been a good series for Ryle in that it exposes Ryle to a spread offense, a no huddle offense, etc. that Ryle will see somewhere down the line in playoff competition instead of the run oriented offenses that they see a lot of in the old 4A and the new 6A district.

 

So for this year I don't think you will see NewCath running it that much on Ryle, so I guess it comes down to how well Ryle defenses the spread offense.

NCC may be a little worn down after the defensive battle with CovCath and a short week, and Ryle should not be spent after routing Newport. With Ryle at home they should have an advantage. If NCC doesn't turn it over they might hang around and have a shot to win at the end. If they can't run the ball, turn it over, and max out physically, Ryle should win going away.

I too will go with Ryle after watching the HHS vs. Ryle game and the CovCath vs. NewCath game, but Ryle had better bring it's "A" game as it won't be a easy game for Ryle to win. If Ryle comes into this game thinking that's it only 2A NCC, they will get beat.....

Not saying Ryle won't win, but there is NO WAY they win by 3 td's. Sooner or later the LARGE schools will have ro accept that the smaller schools in NKY can play with them.

 

Like Newport played with Ryle last week. The only small school vrs. Big school losses so far have been against weaker big school programs.

Like Newport played with Ryle last week. The only small school vrs. Big school losses so far have been against weaker big school programs.

 

I don't think you can call CovCath (NCC) or Dixie (Beechwood) "weaker big school programs"?? CCH might be down this year, and Dixie is taking a while getting their "O" going, but weak programs??

I'm going out on a limb here and and going with NewCath in a squeaker.

21-20 - NewCath.

I don't think you can call CovCath (NCC) or Dixie (Beechwood) "weaker big school programs"?? CCH might be down this year, and Dixie is taking a while getting their "O" going, but weak programs??

 

I was thinking more on the line of Scott / Dayton.

No possible way that Ryle takes NC for granted with the "only 2A' thinking. It sure did not look like they took Newport for granted, so why the heck would they take a much better NC team for granted? The Raiders will continue to prove that they are a pretty darn good football team in this one. To say no way Ryle wins by 3 TD's is a bit short sighted IMO. NC is capable of winning the game by the closest of margins and Ryle is capable of winning the game pretty big.

I'm going to take NCC using the same math I used to pick NCC over CCH. If Ryle is a 6A school, then I will take NCC by 4 (6A-2A=4). It is very confusing how these small schools keep getting it done. What's the deal?

I like Ryle in this one. The running game is very good out in Union and Benke is really coming into his own as a SR. leader. They have a big line and will control the line of scrimmage.

 

Ryle is out to avenge that poor showing during week 1 just look at what they did to Newport last week on Newports beautiful turf.

I'm going out on a limb here and and going with NewCath in a squeaker.

21-20 - NewCath.

 

 

I agree, I think that NewCath can do it. If Highlands can beat Trotwood, NCC can beat a bigger Ryle. I like to root for the teams on this side of the Licking River (the only one in the world besides the Nile that flows north). Go Breds!! Just can't root for you when you play the Birds.

I agree, I think that NewCath can do it. If Highlands can beat Trotwood, NCC can beat a bigger Ryle. I like to root for the teams on this side of the Licking River (the only one in the world besides the Nile that flows north). Go Breds!! Just can't root for you when you play the Birds.

I hate to blow your bubble, there is another river in Ky that run' s north. It's called the Ky River.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.