Newport Central Catholic at Ryle Predictions

Newcath37

Who wins?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I disagree. I believe the touchdown still would have happened had the holding penalty not occured. Its not rare for linemen to hold unneccessarily. Also my point wasn't to challenge the holding call, it was to say that the one passing td was a misleading statistic because the 'breds were doing a fine job passing and had another touchdown called back. As for a prediction my heart says Ncc and my head says Ryle. Not having seen Ryle makes it all the harder. However I will say that Ryle is probably the toughest team on their schedule and I look for it to be a low-scoring hard fought game. I agree with a previous poster that a couple big plays (turnovers and special teams) might decide the game. Good luck both teams.

Don't undrstand your logic. If it's not on the score board, it was an illegal play. If you want to count those, we threw 7 TD's in warm ups before the Highlands game. LOL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really believe what you say is true about having alot to prove. Especially the 2nd best team in Nky. I will be very surprised if your prediction comes true, again a blow out. This is not going to happen. Please send me some of that tea you are drinking, or at least let me borrow those sunglasses your looking through. I do love your enthusiasm for the raiders, we need more like you

You'll be able to look through those sunglasses Friday night and see what I am seeing! :banana:

I've seen Ryle play twice and NCC play twice . Ryle will blow them out ! I think NCC is a very good team , but they won't be able to handle Ryles size or depth ! This is not CCH that NCC is playing , if NCC plays the same way . This game is over at Half-time ! Sorry !:cool:

I've seen Ryle play twice and NCC play twice . Ryle will blow them out ! I think NCC is a very good team , but they won't be able to handle Ryles size or depth ! This is not CCH that NCC is playing , if NCC plays the same way . This game is over at Half-time ! Sorry !:cool:

While I don't think that a program like NCC will be "blown out" I do think that Ryle will WEAR them out. I too have had the opportunity to see both play, and I think that Ryle has the better team at this point. That's not saying that NCC CAN'T win, but I think if Ryle executes and does the little things then they will come away with a W. Ryle just has too many big bodies and will simply wear NCC out in the 2nd half. I think its a close one to the half, with Ryle pulling away late and winning by 2 TD's.

I'm not sure why the 'Breds fans are so up in arms about some of the predictions. I think some may be reading too much into a win against a very, very bad Covington Catholic(by their standards) team. Don't get me wrong, the 'Breds are a good football team, and will do well in Class AA, but I just don't think they have the horses :p to upset the Raiders this year.

While I don't think that a program like NCC will be "blown out" I do think that Ryle will WEAR them out. I too have had the opportunity to see both play, and I think that Ryle has the better team at this point. That's not saying that NCC CAN'T win, but I think if Ryle executes and does the little things then they will come away with a W. Ryle just has too many big bodies and will simply wear NCC out in the 2nd half. I think its a close one to the half, with Ryle pulling away late and winning by 2 TD's.

I'm not sure why the 'Breds fans are so up in arms about some of the predictions. I think some may be reading too much into a win against a very, very bad Covington Catholic(by their standards) team. Don't get me wrong, the 'Breds are a good football team, and will do well in Class AA, but I just don't think they have the horses :p to upset the Raiders this year.

Did your team not scrimmage COvCath. Now I realize it was a scrimmage the score 10-7. I dont believe that is a blow out. Lets do this. Let the boys decide Friday night. Over at half and blowout is absurd. I loved the Math I saw earlier this week Ryle 6A-NCC 2A= 4. Breds by 4 that's my final answer.

I hope both teams play their best. Two really good teams:flame:

Did your team not scrimmage COvCath. Now I realize it was a scrimmage the score 10-7. I dont believe that is a blow out. Lets do this. Let the boys decide Friday night. Over at half and blowout is absurd. I loved the Math I saw earlier this week Ryle 6A-NCC 2A= 4. Breds by 4 that's my final answer.

I hope both teams play their best. Two really good teams:flame:

A controlled preseason scrimmage is not the same thing as a regular season or post season game. You cannot compare the results. Ryle was still searching for an O when they beat CCH (with Buckley)10-7. Since then they have found it and are clicking quite well.

A controlled preseason scrimmage is not the same thing as a regular season or post season game. You cannot compare the results. Ryle was still searching for an O when they beat CCH (with Buckley)10-7. Since then they have found it and are clicking quite well.

I Coached Hs football for 9 years. I don't need an explanation on what a controlled scrimmage is and how it works. That is what scrimmages are for, searching for players who can get the job done, the last time I checked this is what most coaching staffs must do.

I Coached Hs football for 9 years. I don't need an explanation on what a controlled scrimmage is and how it works. That is what scrimmages are for, searching for players who can get the job done, the last time I checked this is what most coaching staffs must do.

Ok all wise and knowing HS football coach of 9 years please tell your most unworthy of verbal sparring partners, what does Ryle's 10-7 scrimmage with CCH a month ago have to do with NCC's game from a week ago? Very little IMO if you are trying to draw a correlation between the two teams offensive or defensive prowess.:cool:

BTW - I did sleep at a Holiday Inn express