Newport Central Catholic at Ryle Predictions

Newcath37

Who wins?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Ryle by two scores, due to their bigger line and solid RB's. I will be interested however to see how/if Ryle handles NCC's throwing attack, something they were not able to do against Highlands. For me personally, I'd sure like to see Ryle get a bit more balanced attack. They indeed have some quality backs - but not on par with last year's Vince Murray/Scottie Gray combo - and don't think they can live predominantly on the rushing attack in some of their tougher district games.

Ryle did not handle The birds passing game and will also have a major task to stop NCC's. I have been around football for many many years, I have yet to see a cow (the bigger team) outrun a rabbit (the smaller quicker team). This will be a very fun game. Forget the blowout by any team. The 3 Td win is crazy. Could be lots of points in this game. Come on out, Ryle would love to see you come through the gate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't matter the outcome for NCC, a good game is all that is needed to better prepare them for the district games! Ryle is a great competitor and I am glad we are playing them, it has become a nice addition to our schedule. Good luck Breds!

Very well said. NCC will show up to play, they love away games and the raiders are going to have their hands full

Ryle did not handle The birds passing game and will also have a major task to stop NCC's. I have been around football for many many years, I have yet to see a cow (the bigger team) outrun a rabbit (the smaller quicker team). This will be a very fun game. Forget the blowout by any team. The 3 Td win is crazy. Could be lots of points in this game. Come on out, Ryle would love to see you come through the gate

I hope the breds do pass early and often. That's where Morgan and Campbell come into play. If the breds passing game was anything near the highlands passing game they would have scored more then 1 TD on CCH.

Ben Parr is fine. He is the backup QB. Rob Kues is the man for now. Moving Parr to WR he would be very far back on a very deep depth chart. NCC is loaded there.

Ben Parr is fine and should be playing somewhere. He's too good of an athlete to be sitting. He has great speed. He should be playing defensive back or linebacker at 6'2" 190.

Ryle has alot to prove, they believe they are the best 6A team in NKY and now 2nd best team in all of NKY. Theyll come out hungry and dont be suprised if Ryle blows this NCC team out, it is very very possible and ill believe that it will happen. Ryle-38 Ncc-13.

:laugh:

Whoa now, Are you stating that Ryle has no speed?!?!

Ryle has alot to prove, they believe they are the best 6A team in NKY and now 2nd best team in all of NKY. Theyll come out hungry and dont be suprised if Ryle blows this NCC team out, it is very very possible and ill believe that it will happen. Ryle-38 Ncc-13.

I really believe what you say is true about having alot to prove. Especially the 2nd best team in Nky. I will be very surprised if your prediction comes true, again a blow out. This is not going to happen. Please send me some of that tea you are drinking, or at least let me borrow those sunglasses your looking through. I do love your enthusiasm for the raiders, we need more like you

Although I think this one could go either way I chose Ryle, I think they may have found the way to make their offense click. Defensively they were always solid. NCC has a suspect secondary IMO.

Yes I agree with the little suspect in the secondary. The kids are learning and doing a fine job. If you think those are the same kids that will be back there all season....your wrong. When it comes time to play for real (playoffs) you will see some different numbers. Their best DB has not even played defense yet. But, he will and you will see some increased picks that go all the way in the other direction. A little birdy told me that little bit of info. I don't know what his number is but he has a different sounding last name:banana:

Yes I agree with the little suspect in the secondary. The kids are learning and doing a fine job. If you think those are the same kids that will be back there all season....your wrong. When it comes time to play for real (playoffs) you will see some different numbers. Their best DB has not even played defense yet. But, he will and you will see some increased picks that go all the way in the other direction. A little birdy told me that little bit of info. I don't know what his number is but he has a different sounding last name:banana:

okay SKI!!!

:D :D

I hope the breds do pass early and often. That's where Morgan and Campbell come into play. If the breds passing game was anything near the highlands passing game they would have scored more then 1 TD on CCH.

...they did have another passing td. It might have got called back due to a holding penalty, but it still happened.

If you hadd to hold to give your qb time to throw....it didn't happen.

I disagree. I believe the touchdown still would have happened had the holding penalty not occured. Its not rare for linemen to hold unneccessarily. Also my point wasn't to challenge the holding call, it was to say that the one passing td was a misleading statistic because the 'breds were doing a fine job passing and had another touchdown called back. As for a prediction my heart says Ncc and my head says Ryle. Not having seen Ryle makes it all the harder. However I will say that Ryle is probably the toughest team on their schedule and I look for it to be a low-scoring hard fought game. I agree with a previous poster that a couple big plays (turnovers and special teams) might decide the game. Good luck both teams.