NKY Freshman Football

I believe his name is Conley.

#18 I believe, lined up in the slot, wide open in the corner. They had the ball for more than 3 plays, but not a lot more. I thought for sure they were going to score at the end, but changed my mind when CovCath got that penalty on the 10. Then Conner fell apart and let that receiver run free into the endzone as time ran out. Well, almost, there was .1 seconds left after the TD.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC 33 Beechwood 7. Could have been 50-0

33-0 at the half. Chris Kelly scored at least 3 maybe 4 touchdowns.

NCC Frosh are very good. It's a shame they dont play the likes of Highlands, CovCath and Campbell Co. The A-AA freshmen schedule is stupid.

NCC Frosh are very good. It's a shame they dont play the likes of Highlands, CovCath and Campbell Co. The A-AA freshmen schedule is stupid.

I agree. NewCath has one of those "Special" classes on its hands and Chris Kelly is its heart and soul. Best of luck to them. They could hold their own with any Freshman team up here.

Stupid for whom? I know it is a GREAT thing for teams like Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, Brossart and Walton...

Stupid for whom? I know it is a GREAT thing for teams like Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, Brossart and Walton...

Take my word for what you will, but this NewCath Freshman team should be playing against the 5 and 6A schools in addition to playing the 2A schools once. They are that good.

Bredman unless you know the situation don't say it is stupid. What is stupid is having a freshman class with only 8 players and never getting to play any games. The frosh/soph combo allows a full schedule of games to these players.

The A schools have frosh enrollments of 50 not 105 like NCC. With 50 freshman 1/2 or more being girls that leaves a total of 25 freshmen boys. If 1/2 play football that leaves a team of 12 or 13. This was a brilliant move on these schools part.

Bredman if you are referring to the AA schools playing twice then you should have only referred to the AA not the A's. If I misunderstood I apologize...if not I stand by my statement.

I think you misunderstood. When there were only two divisions playing Frosh ball (1A and 2A in one division and 3A and 4A in the other) it was referred to a A and AA schedules or small school/large school. It is kind of the same thing now with all the 2A schools plus Beechwood playing each other twice while all the 5A and 6A schools play each other once. So there are still two divisions. The 1A schools now play Frosh/Soph games.

If you read his comments it is obvious that he wishes NCC where able to play some of the larger schools this year when they have a good team so they could see how good they truly are.