NKY Freshman Football

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the final was 24 - 3 Highlands. Adam Weinel hit a 39 yard field goal for the extra margin. Not a bad kick for a freshman!

It was an awesome kick!!!! This young man does an outstanding job kicking the ball for the freshman. If i was his parents he would attending some high level kicking camps the next couple of years. The kick tonight would of been good from 45 yards. Man do the Highlands Baby Birds have some exciting players.It seems like Bishop and Duaunis are moving at a different speed than everyone else on the field. They all need to continue to work hard on and off the field to become a stronger team all around. Each player is depended on dearly for this team to be successful. Great Job tonight boys!!!!!!

Great win Baby Birds! This team look's to be coming together quite well. Austin Abner look's like he's going to be a great leader for these young Bird's. There is plenty of talent on this team and I think that Coach Barr is still trying to find the right mix of kid's that play well together. Good Luck Baby Bird's.

I agree, now if they can get rid of a few referees it might be perfect.

Let he who is without error cast the first vote to oust an official....and be ready to take their whistle!! Hey, I've had MORE than my fair share of ..."debates"...with the officials in the FTJFL, but will defend their right to ref to the death!! These guys volunteer their time and are as VITAL to the success of the players at the next level as the coaches are. INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE !! We ALL learn and get better. Go Birds...Go Breds... Go FTJFL !!!

It was an awesome kick!!!! This young man does an outstanding job kicking the ball for the freshman. If i was his parents he would attending some high level kicking camps the next couple of years. The kick tonight would of been good from 45 yards. Man do the Highlands Baby Birds have some exciting players.It seems like Bishop and Duaunis are moving at a different speed than everyone else on the field. They all need to continue to work hard on and off the field to become a stronger team all around. Each player is depended on dearly for this team to be successful. Great Job tonight boys!!!!!!

Agreed, what a brite future for the Weinel kid. I could see him taking over the kicking duties for the Big Birds next year with a lot of hard work in the off season.

Agreed, what a brite future for the Weinel kid. I could see him taking over the kicking duties for the Big Birds next year with a lot of hard work in the off season.

Have this boy talk to Drew Bathiany and find out what he did between Frosh-Soph years...he made HUGE improvements in this period!

Have this boy talk to Drew Bathiany and find out what he did between Frosh-Soph years...he made HUGE improvements in this period!

Better yet, have Drew Bathiany talk to this young talent and help the underclassman along the way. What better way to make a hugh impact on the younger kids at Highlands. Drew is a great kid and an excellcent kicker (maybe Highlands greatest), I would think that his words of encouragement would go a long, long way with a young 14 year old. Lets not let this Weinel kid get away maybe to another kicking sport:thumb:

So what is the Frosh Schedule? I thought that they played on Thursdays. Anyone have a schedule for them since the one on Highlands website is from 2005. Someone needs to help them update. Out to talk to Trotwood Madison about a website overhaul. That website was awesome!

Better yet, have Drew Bathiany talk to this young talent and help the underclassman along the way. What better way to make a hugh impact on the younger kids at Highlands. Drew is a great kid and an excellcent kicker (maybe Highlands greatest), I would think that his words of encouragement would go a long, long way with a young 14 year old. Lets not let this Weinel kid get away maybe to another kicking sport:thumb:

Talked with Drew...turns out he is the boy's upper class "mentor" this year! No worries, Mate!!

Hey Boom, Do you have a favorite player for the Baby Birds?::D