NKY Freshman Football

Still, I can certainly understand his comment after a game like that. Twice they had to be thinking they had the game won. Tough to lose a game that way.

I guess you had to be there to hear it:rolleyes: No congratulations or nothing. This coming from a former teamate!!!! All he did was complain about why they should've have one. If you think you should've one then do something about it next time. Pretty much a sore loser if you ask me!!!! What is the ruling when a snapped punt short hops the ground and then the punter advances the ball a couple yards before punting. I thought that when the ball hits the ground he becomes live.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you had to be there to hear it:rolleyes: No congratulations or nothing. This coming from a former teamate!!!! All he did was complain about why they should've have one. If you think you should've one then do something about it next time. Pretty much a sore loser if you ask me!!!! What is the ruling when a snapped punt short hops the ground and then the punter advances the ball a couple yards before punting. I thought that when the ball hits the ground he becomes live.

That does sound bad. I also thought the punter was live once he advances the ball.

That does sound bad. I also thought the punter was live once he advances the ball.

(1) it hit the ground, (2) he advanced it a couple of yards foward. We were called for roughing!!!! It would've ended in regulation with the field position they would've gave us. I am probably wrong about the ruling but i thought it was a huge missed call.

Holmes used to design their punt with Duran Jefferson, where he would run toward the line and if you came to tackle him he would punt and you would get a roughing call. I don't know for sure but I believe the ruling is if they are in the act of kicking they are a punter and you can not hit them.

(1) it hit the ground, (2) he advanced it a couple of yards foward. We were called for roughing!!!! It would've ended in regulation with the field position they would've gave us. I am probably wrong about the ruling but i thought it was a huge missed call.

Once the player establishes himself as a kicker, he is a kicker regardless if the ball hits the ground or starts to advance it then kicks it.