NKY Freshman Football

NCC 33 Beechwood 7. Could have been 50-0

33-0 at the half. Chris Kelly scored at least 3 maybe 4 touchdowns.

NCC Frosh are very good. It's a shame they dont play the likes of Highlands, CovCath and Campbell Co. The A-AA freshmen schedule is stupid.

33-7 AT THE HALF

I agree NCC is very good .Kelly is a great back with a good line .The line has good size which helps them alot .They seemed to do whatever -whenever they wanted in the first half .B'Wood looked intimidated ,I was surprised at this .

I disagree it could of been 50 -0 .NCC scored on every possesion in the 1st half I believe .B'Wod had no answer with there line playing like that .

NCC ( Kelly ) returned the 2nd half kick out near midfield .They ran several plays to eat up the 3 rd qtr and had not scored .End of 3 still 33-7 .I will say it easy to be conservative and not play as hard ( or how ever you want to look at it ) with a big lead .I am not taking anything away from NCC here .they completely dominated this game .Just disagree about 50-7.

The subs played the 4th qtr ,which I did not see .Was not sure what the final was .A couple of starters played well for B'Wood ,just did not have enough .

I too would like to see this team play some of the bigger schools .

who does NCC have next week .B'Wood at home vs Newport

BEST OF LUCK AND HEALTH TO ALL OF THESE YOUNG MEN

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are referring to the 2A teams all playing each other twice while all the 5A and 6A teams play each other.

The A schools are not playing Frosh games.

For the most part they are still Freshman games. Yeah I know that they are allowed to have sophomores on the teams, but most likely it will be teams of all freshman, and if they need to bring down a couple sophomores to field a team that is what they do. Atleast I know that is what they are doing at Ludlow, I dont know if the other schools are playing more sophomores or not...

• 2 weeks later...
I think you misunderstood. When there were only two divisions playing Frosh ball (1A and 2A in one division and 3A and 4A in the other) it was referred to a A and AA schedules or small school/large school. It is kind of the same thing now with all the 2A schools plus Beechwood playing each other twice while all the 5A and 6A schools play each other once. So there are still two divisions. The 1A schools now play Frosh/Soph games.

If you read his comments it is obvious that he wishes NCC where able to play some of the larger schools this year when they have a good team so they could see how good they truly are.

Exactly. They don't have anyone on their schedule who can play with them this year. Are they really going to get any better? Maybe they should suggest playing in the 2A playoffs, if that's possible.

Exactly. They don't have anyone on their schedule who can play with them this year. Are they really going to get any better? Maybe they should suggest playing in the 2A playoffs, if that's possible.

Or maybe they should schedule Louisville Trinity Frosh, Cincy St. X, Elder, etc. Then the almighty Breds can get better than they are which from the way I read some of these posts lately about the Frosh and Varsity, they dont need to get any better. Just hand them the crown, you wanna crown em. go ahead.

Dennis Greene : )

Or maybe they should schedule Louisville Trinity Frosh, Cincy St. X, Elder, etc. Then the almighty Breds can get better than they are which from the way I read some of these posts lately about the Frosh and Varsity, they dont need to get any better. Just hand them the crown, you wanna crown em. go ahead.

Dennis Greene : )

Wow! I think that what people are saying on here is legit. The AA schools play each other twice. That's fact, and that is pointless. I and I'm sure the other AA schools would like to face different, and more challenging, competition. You are getting a rather large chip on your shoulder since Friday. I know that you have Bellevue ties, but I thought that you were a Highlands fan. You should relish in us asking to play Highlands. By the way, this year's NewCath Freshman teams happens to be the best that I've seen NewCath have. It would benefit them to play against the speed of Highlands and the size of Campbell Co.

Wow! I think that what people are saying on here is legit. The AA schools play each other twice. That's fact, and that is pointless. I and I'm sure the other AA schools would like to face different, and more challenging, competition. You are getting a rather large chip on your shoulder since Friday. I know that you have Bellevue ties, but I thought that you were a Highlands fan. You should relish in us asking to play Highlands. By the way, this year's NewCath Freshman teams happens to be the best that I've seen NewCath have. It would benefit them to play against the speed of Highlands and the size of Campbell Co.

Oh, if you asked to play the Birds then great. I still need to hear the legit story as to why Highlands/NCC dont play anymore? I keep hearing different things and reading references to Mueller/Schneider. Let em play, heck most of the kids play each other anyway in the FTJRFL.

Oh, if you asked to play the Birds then great. I still need to hear the legit story as to why Highlands/NCC dont play anymore? I keep hearing different things and reading references to Mueller/Schneider. Let em play, heck most of the kids play each other anyway in the FTJRFL.

Duffy and Mueller!!!! Enough said. Dale would love to play NCC. I would love it too. I would have to say Bob would have to make the phone call that everyone knows won't happen. And It would put to rest everybody's fairytale fantasy's.

They don't play because Highlands had the opportunity for games against elite teams and had to drop somebody and that was NCC. You can't fault Highlands or Mueller for pursuing the opportunites of games like against Elder in the PIT and PBS. At the time NCC had a couple of bad losing years (not that it really matter because Highlands was beating everyone by 60 then) and where the game fell on the schedule (remember teams had more district games then and they had to be played after non-district games) it was the most logical game to go. The NCC game really wasn't helping Highlands in terms of preparation for district, state, and right or wrong national hopes.

That of course was not a popular decision with some people on the other side of it that thought some other game should be the one gone. Now that the district games are less it could be possible without losing elite games from the schedule, but I'm sure it isn't as easy as that with the past.

They don't play because Highlands had the opportunity for games against elite teams and had to drop somebody and that was NCC. You can't fault Highlands or Mueller for pursuing the opportunites of games like against Elder in the PIT and PBS. At the time NCC had a couple of bad losing years (not that it really matter because Highlands was beating everyone by 60 then) and where the game fell on the schedule (remember teams had more district games then and they had to be played after non-district games) it was the most logical game to go. The NCC game really wasn't helping Highlands in terms of preparation for district, state, and right or wrong national hopes.

That of course was not a popular decision with some people on the other side of it that thought some other game should be the one gone. Now that the district games are less it could be possible without losing elite games from the schedule, but I'm sure it isn't as easy as that with the past.

Ok, I get that. But what about the Freshman level. why dont they take baby steps and start there?