Holy Cross winning 2A?

Bballfan22

Sharp against who Simon Kenton!!! Don't get me wrong NCC is good but not good enough this year!!

show some respect for the champs! You guys may have beatin the breds in the regular season last year, but the key word is regular season. NCC smoked HC in the playoffs and its gonna happen again this year just like every year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on bballfan22......I'm as diehard HC fan as they come. Yes, if the line starts blocking for Reardon the team will do better. But, don't put the cart before the horse. HC has Holmes, Western Hills, a bye, and then NCC. The way NCC handled SK......HC could very well get beat by the same.

So my words to you bballfan22, take one game at a time.

Come on bballfan22......I'm as diehard HC fan as they come. Yes, if the line starts blocking for Reardon the team will do better. But, don't put the cart before the horse. HC has Holmes, Western Hills, a bye, and then NCC. The way NCC handled SK......HC could very well get beat by the same.

So my words to you bballfan22, take one game at a time.

Week 1 Holmes gets beat by dayton, Western Hills gets absolutely demolished by princeton. Will either team give HC a game? HC beat North Laurel who is much better than Westen Hills and Holmes

Score comparisons I hate. Have you ever seen the one in SI where they can show how some DIII schlep should be ranked number 1 based on a huge tree of somebody beat so and so and that team beat Team C......and so on. Dayton is the real deal and beating Holmes was no fluke so I wouldn't say that was a game to show how bad Holmes is. Also......I am not to impressed with the HC schedule in the first three games but when most schools refuse to play you because of "roster issues" that is what happens. I think the Indians are a quality team but the first real test is the NCC game. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the first 3 opponents.

ON a positive note what a weekend for the small schools in NK.........Dayton, NCC, HC, Bellevue, Beechwood.......ouch!!!!!!!

Score comparisons I hate. Have you ever seen the one in SI where they can show how some DIII schlep should be ranked number 1 based on a huge tree of somebody beat so and so and that team beat Team C......and so on. Dayton is the real deal and beating Holmes was no fluke so I wouldn't say that was a game to show how bad Holmes is. Also......I am not to impressed with the HC schedule in the first three games but when most schools refuse to play you because of "roster issues" that is what happens. I think the Indians are a quality team but the first real test is the NCC game. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the first 3 opponents.

ON a positive note what a weekend for the small schools in NK.........Dayton, NCC, HC, Bellevue, Beechwood.......ouch!!!!!!!

First of all I would not say Dayton is the real deal. They have come along way like HC, but not the real deal. Holmes from what I have seen has no passing game. When the schedules are scheduled the prior season, you don't know how good the opponent is going to be. As for the roster issues......there are no roster issues from what I know. If there is......please shed some light. Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees.

Some schools have a problem with where some of the athletes that have played in the past live and therefore will not schedule HC. I suggest you talk to HC and the administration as they are fully aware that schools will not schedule them for these reasons. I will not comment on this any further since it borders on being too accusatory and don't want to single out kids.

Some schools have a problem with where some of the athletes that have played in the past live and therefore will not schedule HC. I suggest you talk to HC and the administration as they are fully aware that schools will not schedule them for these reasons. I will not comment on this any further since it borders on being too accusatory and don't want to single out kids.
Gotcha .

While I believe that Holy Cross is improving with time, establishing their program, I doubt they will be able to win this district, maybe not even get a two seed come playoff time. Yeagle will have Lloyd more than capable of doing some damage to teams that overlook them, and I think NCC still has a bad taste in their mouth from that loss to HC last season. Though they avenged the loss handily in the playoffs, I think that the Breds didn't like how it fealt and I do not see HC beating them again this year.

Ha I think they will have a hard enough time getting the 2 seed this year in their own district. I definitely dont think they will get by NCC in the season or the playoffs, and I think Newport actually might surprise them as well when the two play...

I agree with that, I think the Wildcats will give them all they want and some .The Cats "D" will be ready!

I agree with that, I think the Wildcats will give them all they want and some .The Cats "D" will be ready!

Wildcats? As in Newport Wildcats? Didn't the Bellevue Tiger beat them? Now if you want to say Beechwood, NCC, maybe even Lloyd I would be more to believe. But not Newport.

Wildcats? As in Newport Wildcats? Didn't the Bellevue Tiger beat them? Now if you want to say Beechwood, NCC, maybe even Lloyd I would be more to believe. But not Newport.

Yeah Newport lost to Bellevue, but Im telling you man Newport is a pretty decent team and well give HC ALL THE CAN HANDLE. They get big boys up front to match up right along with HC and have 2 guys who can really run the ball hard. If they can cut down on the turnovers which they had 9 against Bellevue and find any kind of passing game they will be very dangerous for alot of teams ths year. If you want to think that since Bellevue beat Newport that HC dont have to worry about Newport now, you would be wrong and very surprised when the two teams play...

Or Danville, or ................. 1 week into the season of a new class system give it a couple weeks, see how it goes.

You have to like Danville. They play one heck of a pre-District schedule that will toughen them up for the playoffs and they have a couple of studs to boot!