Are Sharpton and Jackson again showing their hypocrisy...

IMO these two are most interested in defending those whose rights, in their mind, need to be defended. They are going to bring to light any injustices they see for their people. The two youngsters you mention are not in that situation. They are being taken care of presumably.

One of them is dead, she had her life taken from her. How is she being taken care of, by getting buried? How does that not merit defending and condemnation?

I see no problem with them keeping mum about this. They're not needed and , again, it doesn't fit their MO.

You mean their MO of race baiting and racist accusations? Do you see any racism at all in their actions?

You actually believe that? :eek: I've got some swampland for sale if your interested. :D

All kidding aside, those two are nothing more than race baiter's and their #1 goal is to extort as much money as they can.

I'm not denying that they are in it for personal gain. However, I do believe that THEY believe they are representing their race when they feel one of their members needs a voice. I said it could be misguided but I do NOT believe that they are SOLELY in it for personal gain.

One of them is dead, she had her life taken from her. How is she being taken care of, by getting buried? How does that not merit defending and condemnation?

I can't make it any clearer. They show up when they BELIEVE that an African-American's rights are being trampled on or neglected. The only African-American involved is the child. I don't believe he falls into that category.

You mean their MO of race baiting and racist accusations? Do you see any racism at all in their actions?

Racism? Not the literal definition.

If you mean they take race into account when they make decisions then the answer would be "yes."

They obviously overreact in some situations (ie Duke lacrosse, Brawley) and their reputations and integrity take a major hit. More importantly, innocent people are hurt.

They are not always wrong on their stance (Abner Louima for example) but they lose credibility when they will not take a stand for African-Americans who are harmed by other African-Americans.

Why wouldn't they? They showed up in Durham and condemned the "rapists". Sharpton was quick to condemn the police in the Tawana Brawley "case". It certainly seems to me that in the interest of showing a true desire for justice both would have been in Canton.

:thumb:

Sharpton and Jackson both have a history of "rushing to judgment" in cases where the "alleged" perpetrator is white and the "alleged" victim is African-American. This fact alone demonstrates that both are racists in their own light. Reverse the races/roles and think about it. ;) Sharpton and especially Jackson are nothing more than race-baiting, racist, publicity-seeking hypocrites. Nothing more, nothing less. The shame of this is that Sharpton is actually quite knowledgable and informed on many other fronts and I actually enjoy listening to his perspective much of the time. However, he has allowed himself to be lowered to irrelevance by allying himself with Jackson on "racial" issues.

To steal a line from "Love Story" regarding Jackson/Sharpton's false condemnations in the past..................Being Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton means never having to say you're sorry.

I'm not denying that they are in it for personal gain. However, I do believe that THEY believe they are representing their race when they feel one of their members needs a voice. I said it could be misguided but I do NOT believe that they are SOLELY in it for personal gain.
I do.

No, Sharpton and Jackson are not being hypocritic regarding the Jesse Davis case. They're focus is protection of African-Americans from racially motivated injustices. And no, I don't like either one, primarily because they are race baiters. They don't want everyone to get along. They want to keep the pot stirred.

No, Sharpton and Jackson are not being hypocritic regarding the Jesse Davis case. They're focus is protection of African-Americans from racially motivated injustices. And no, I don't like either one, primarily because they are race baiters. They don't want everyone to get along. They want to keep the pot stirred.
I agree and I believe they do it for personal gain only.