JV AAU State Tournament

Scott Co beats Clay Co by three to sweep both the varsity and JV AAU championships.

Scott Co. is going to continue to have good football and basketball teams with the influx of population and transfers and only one county school in a quickly growing area with Toyota.

How many male students do they have?

I've heard they want to put in a technology school to minimize the impact on sports in Scott Co. of adding another high school. Hopefully, that's not true.

Boone Co. is quickly growing but will have 4 public high schools after the new one is added in the next year.

Scott Co. is going to continue to have good football and basketball teams with the influx of population and transfers and only one county school in a quickly growing area with Toyota.

I've heard they want to put in a technology school to minimize the impact on sports in Scott Co. of adding another high school. Hopefully, that's not true.

Boone Co. is quickly growing but will have 4 public high schools after the new one is added in the next year.

Good points, when there is just one county school and they are perennial state contenders, they are loaded each and every year.

There are several high schools larger than Scott Co. If I am not mistaken all the public schools in Lexington, except Bryan Station, are larger than Scott Co. St X has the largest male student populataion. The SC team that won the state championship last year had one player that moved to Scott Co in the first grade and one that moved to Scott Co in the 7th grade. All the others were born in Scott Co. I think it has more to do with having a great basketball feeder system than transfers or school size.

There are several high schools larger than Scott Co. If I am not mistaken all the public schools in Lexington, except Bryan Station, are larger than Scott Co. St X has the largest male student populataion. The SC team that won the state championship last year had one player that moved to Scott Co in the first grade and one that moved to Scott Co in the 7th grade. All the others were born in Scott Co. I think it has more to do with having a great basketball feeder system than transfers or school size.
I agree with the basketball feeder program having a huge impact. I disagree with the comment about school size.

The facts are that Scott County's population has a little more than doubled in the last 18 years from low 20,000 to the high 40's. One school with that population is an advantage when comparing to a County that has for instance 3 high schools with the same population.

Scott Co. has a great program and currently is a powerhouse. I am not saying it is an unfair advantage. It is what it is and I believe all you can do is work as hard as you can to make your program the best it can be.:thumb:

That's a suprise, I for some reason thought it was only around 25,000...but with about 25 new subdivisions...I could see it being higher that that! By the way SC will not be splitting up for a while...there are plans for a technical high school that will be finished by 2010 (principal is already hired), this will minimize the population at the high school and will allow Scott County to not have to have a seperate high school for at least another ten years, while some may not like this, they had better get used to it!

That's a suprise, I for some reason thought it was only around 25,000...but with about 25 new subdivisions...I could see it being higher that that! By the way SC will not be splitting up for a while...there are plans for a technical high school that will be finished by 2010 (principal is already hired), this will minimize the population at the high school and will allow Scott County to not have to have a seperate high school for at least another ten years, while some may not like this, they had better get used to it!
I have seen the site for the Tech School. It is a very nice site and could ultimately serve as a second High School (so I am told).

In any event, what has happened in Scott Co. is great for Kentucky's economy.

The current super. in SC is pushing for this to be a technical school and the principal they hired is from Fayette's technical program, but in the next few years (like next year) the super. in SC will be retiring and yes this new school could easily end up being a new high school. SC currently has three middle schools feeding the high school, so the HS freshman coach has to cut 30-45 8th grade players down to 13 freshman players ever year...one reason why SC is so competitive!

According to the KHSAA website there are 5 high schools in Kentucky with more students than Scott Co. These schools are:

Dunbar

Henderson County

Henry Clay

Lafayette

Eastern

ST X and Trinity would also have more male students than Scott Co.

According to the KHSAA website there are 5 high schools in Kentucky with more students than Scott Co. These schools are:

Dunbar

Henderson County

Henry Clay

Lafayette

Eastern

ST X and Trinity would also have more male students than Scott Co.

That still ranks them pretty high in KY in terms of male enrollment. Henry Clay, St. X, and Trinity all have great sports programs too. Henry Clay in both basketball and football, and St. X and Trinity in football. The more male students, the better the chances for good boys teams year in and year out.