JV AAU State Tournament

The way I see it there are a ton of schools in this state that have the athletes in their schools that if coached right could be unbelievable at basketball. Scott County has great resources and a great coach. Its a great program and that all together will give you great success in basketball. I think also programs draw talent in real well. Like Lexington Catholic, Trinity, St X, etc. If you are a good player coming up in the area you can't blame a kid or a family for wanting to go to that school. In Scott Co. they do have the whole family and it is a good situation to be in.

As of the 2000 census, the population was 33,061....so it's very possible.

Strike3 is right on the money. According to the latest census, the population of Scott County, Kentucky is 33,061 people.

Why do we never talk about the need for Dunbar to split?
Let me clarify my earlier points rojas.

I am not promoting a split anywhere.

I am simply saying that when you take two Counties of similar population, and one has a single High School compared to the other having say three High Schools there is an advantage in athletics. I did not say it was an unfair advantage. Let me also be clear that I do not believe in promoting the level playing field thing. I think schools and their athletic programs need to worry more about the things they can control in order to do the very best they can.

Scott Co. has a great basketball program and as you pointed out do a fantastic job with their feeder programs.

With regard to population numbers, I am only going by what I was told by the County Judges Office as their current estimate.

The 2000 census is 7 1/2 years old.

Any way you look at it, the growth in Scott Co. is an amazing story and is great for the economy in KY.