CovCath 9 St. Henry 0

Outstanding pitching performance by the House (junior Dan Niehaus) as Niehaus kept St. Henry off balance all night long. Not once during the game do I remember St. Henry getting anything close to a threat going against the Colonels. House I think only gave up two or three hits and those were spread out throughout the game. In the seventh Dan Koester came in to close out the game.

CovCath for the third straight game hit well as a team. I think each and every CovCath batter got a hit tonight, with Reis getting I think three hits and Maile getting two doubles, with I think three or four RBI's. Popham again played outstanding in the field and at the plate, and it looks like senior Josh Bleser bat is starting to come alive. Sophomore RD (Darner) is really pounding the ball as well as young Holochor. Another solid game for the "D" as CovCath is playing very, very, well at the moment.

These last three victories have been a total team effort not only at the plate but on the field as well.

CovCath will not be playing this weekend in the Conner Baseball Tournament. CovCath next game is this Tuesday at CovCath vs NCC...

Nice win for CCH. Are the colonels nearing the limit for regular season games?

Yes, that is why they are not playing in the tournament this weekend. I believe they are allowed 4 more games before district play begins.