Two More Star Wars Movies Coming?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just might be the most in depth, longest post in the HISTORY of BGP.

Can someone confirm that for me? : )

To be honest with you, I could have written more. I just wanted to keep it concise. I decided to leave out every minute detail.

I will take this in small bites.

None of the other characters INCLUDING luke and leia were the central points of the 6-part story. The story was about ONE MAN, Anakin Skywalker and his battle within himself between good and evil.

Han, Luke, Leia, Obiwan, etc, was supporting characters.

Now when you start with 4-5-6, you don't realize that. But with 1-2-3, it becomes evident that Anakin is the central part of this story and not Luke.

It seems your contention is that you don't agree with what Lucas feels is the central part of the story. That is fine but does not mean it is not a good story.

Personally, I enjoyed 1-2-3 more than I enjoyed 4-5-6.

Your point on the Clone Wars is that is not the central part of the story that Lucas wanted to tell. He wanted to tell a story of the good and evil that was battling within one man.

His story was not to tell the Clone Wars but rather that was the setting for this battle going on in one man.

Wow, can't see how you didn't see the Emperor as evil. Don't get that at all. Do you think Adolf Hitler told the German people that he was planning on roasting alive the Jews in the concentration camps and they ran out to endorse that? Or that he told them what they wanted to hear to get their votes and had other plans?

If you believe in the Anti-Christ, do you expect the Anti-Christ to tell us he is Satan's son and he is looking to lead all of us to burn eternally in hell? Or maybe take the path that the Emperor took. No, I see evil taking the exact or similar path that that the Emperor did take.

Maybe Obi Wan and Yodi learned that reserve manner after their defeat and the time they spent alone in isolation. Defeat has a tendency to change people and make them reevaluate and make changes for the better.

If you want a movie with tinges of realism in the story, than you are going to have imperfections because we are imperfections.

I liked the handling of Darth Vader till the temper tantrum. I agree.

BUT, I understand it. When you lose a loved one, one that you had worked your whole life in trying to prevent their loss, the grief is overwhelming. And for a Jedi/Sith, that overwhelming grief, I would assume, could lead you to lose momentarily control over your power, resulting in the damage done in the areas around him.

As far as the Sith, evil has powers. And sometimes that power is equal to the good being used similarly. The Emperor was more powerful and able to shield himself and the Jedi did not realize that.

I believe Anakin had inklings that the Emperor was who he was before the came to that full revelation but his desire to prevent the loss of Padme overwhelmed his fear of the Sith. More importantly his arrogance lead him to believe he could personally handle the evil. How many times have we seen that in real life?

Someone in their arrogance feels they can handle the drugs, the alcohol, the gambling, etc, etc, only to fully succumb to it down the road. Very real storyline here.

On the character issue, I disagree. I hate CP3PO. Hated him, hated him.

And Luke came across as a spoiled brat in 4. Leia as even a bigger spoiled brat. Luke even moreso in 5. Only as they come into 6 do they become likeable.

Han, Chewy, R2D2 and Obi Wan, to me are the likeable characters in 4, 5, 6. Luke and Leia, I still don't really care about.

But what I think 1, 2, 3 does it setup why you should care and appreciate the ending of 6.

The ending in 6 comes across as unbelievable. There is no basis for an evil, evil man to turn from evil after a short conversation with his son. Makes little sense.

EXCEPT he wasn't a truly evil man. Luke continually points out that there is good in him. And from 4, 5, 6 there is NO REASON for us to believe there is any good in him. Until the final scenes, why do we believe there is any good in him. NONE.

But with 1, 2, 3 we see it. We understand that the ONLY reason why he turns evil in his own warped mind is to save his family. It is a father feeling he is sacrificing himself for his family.

Then he finds out that evil has lied to him. The same way the evil lied to the republic.

And now faced with his family again, he chooses his family over the lies of evil.

To me, great story that was finally unfolded after 1, 2, 3 and made no sense without them.

I loved the Padme of 1 and 2 and hated the Padme of 3. But I do understand that Padme was a supporting character in 3 and thus had to be in a different role.

I missed Han being in the movie, but know his character is not the central part of the story and was not needed in 1, 2, 3.

I thought the killing of the younglings was a great touch in the story to show how low evil will go to come to it's purposes and how low it will drag you if you choose the dark side.

Certain stupid things-

A) Turbo lasers that eject spent shells. EPIII, Battle of Coruscant Never picked up on such small things

B) General Grievous' organ parts not freezing, or his lungs undergoing explosive decompression when he blows the transparisteel viewscreen; OUTSIDE an atmosphere. Since they can create personal force fields and he was a mechanical being, I assumed he had something like that.

C) Gungans Liked them

D) Stick Figures with Guns

E) Childish sounding names How else do you expect them to sell all the merchandising/toys? These are basically child movies.

F) Nothing looks imposing, if I saw half of what was coming at me on those battlefields I would likely be dead before they got to me, on account of laughter. An AT-AT would make me pee my pants.

G) Pod Race= Space Nascar, just more multi-racial. (I am not a fan of NASCAR by the way)Loved the pod race.

H) Darth Maul, sorry folks the only reason most people think he is cool is because he didn't get enough lines to screw up the character. He also killed the only character worth caring about in EPI. I was disappointed to see him die so soon but understand the need.

I) Jango Fett, yes folks the man who has Boba Fett as his favorite character speaks out against Jango Fett. Why? Because it is a moronic ORIGIN!!!!

K) Kamino, a planet full of a bunch of aliens who speak slower than someone with a head injury and necks so small you could decapitate them with a small pocket knife.

As far as you podracing going to pilot analogy, I guess you have the same issues with #4 where Luke goes from piloting the craft he does at the beginning to a fighter pilot at the end of #4?

Actually Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper, a craft made by the same company as the X-Wing. The controls were similar and it was not just a skimmer.

He referenced it in A New Hope when he said "I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than 2 meters."

You are likely referring to his speeder, which he sold as they left Tatooine.

Actually Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper, a craft made by the same company as the X-Wing. The controls were similar and it was not just a skimmer.

He referenced it in A New Hope when he said "I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than 2 meters."

You are likely referring to his speeder, which he sold as they left Tatooine.

Yep but we all know that male teenagers would exaggerate their experiences pretty often.