To all Prestonsburg and Belfry Fans (A great message for all fans and players!)

gish28

I'm a senior at Prestonsburg high school. I played in my last game of my high school career friday night at legendary Vipperman Stadium, against our schools biggest rival in the Belfry Pirates. Over the last 4 years, we played Belfry on the varsity level 6 times. And each time they were wars, and each time I walked away respecting Belfry ..........as bad as I hated them.

Even though my career as a Blackcat Football player has finally came to an end, I'm glad that if it had to come to an end before i wanted it to........that it was against a classy team like the Belfry Pirates. Friday night was one of those games that live for as a football player. The stadium was filled, both bands were playing.....it couldn't get any better. It had a magical feel to it, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I just wanted to thank you fans, from both schools, for making my last night as a football player at PHS, one that i will never forget. It would have been great if we'd won, but I can honestly say that I've never enjoyed playing a game of football than I did friday night. IT WAS AWESOME.

To the blackcat faithful, thank you for making my dreams come true. Thank you for screaming and yelling through the rain and cold, through wins and losses. It's been one of heck of a ride these last 4 years. There really isn't any better fans in the world then the ones living in Prestonsburg Kentucky. It was an honor to wear the Red and Black these last 4 years, and I'm glad I had people like you all cheering me on.

Good luck Belfry in the Regional finals..... Take state for this Blackcat.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is us, the fans, who need to thank you and all the other young men who do what you do. You guys give it all and we enjoy it (sometimes too much). Good luck to you wherever you end up and thanks for the memories. You have given us some great ones. :thumb:

I agree, gish, that was one heck of a football game and it had a little of everything. If it had gone the other way I would have felt exactly the same way you do.

Great post Gish.......Will enjoy watching you play on the next level....keep in touch with my son #17....... let me know which college you will be going to.....It's a shame the teams wouldnt kick to you this year, but thats the game of football, you know that.....Good Luck #6:thumb:

THANK YOU, gish !!!

It's not going to be the same without you. Your leadership, maturity and positive attitude will be missed even more than what you've accomplished on the field. For those that don't know, that's a LOT...

(I'll admit your post put a lump in my throat)

(Wish I could put a "clapping hands" emoticon here)

You are not only an outstanding football player, but by reading your post I can see that you are also an outstanding young man.

I'm sure I speak for all Belfry fans when I say that we appreciate all the players from both teams allowing us the opportunity to witness such determination and talent this past Friday night.

Good Luck in your future and all it holds.

AMAZING! That post looks like something you would read inscribed in granite or on a shiny plaque in an honored place. I agree that this has to be the most inspired and well executed statement ever made on this site. Your words speak such a grand message in a clear and heartfelt paragraph. I don't think it's an overstatement to suggest that it's a message that should be read to every high school football player....everywhere.

Obviously, this is instant Classic BGP material!