High School Softball or AAU B-ball???

cshs81

I'm almost afraid to ask but was this a hypothetical or real life ? I'm guessing it happened and some girls went to prom ? Would be a very very tough call--would try to restrain from being critical ---I've never had to make a decesion like that before. LB

Am I the only one that realizes the hard feelings that girls tend to have when that "back-up" player only gets to play when the two-sport star decides something else is more important. My experience has been that there is massive dissention on the team when things like that are happening.
You're making this sound alot worse than it is. As long as the player is upfront about it and the coach is ok with it, I don't see the problem.

You're making this sound alot worse than it is. As long as the player is upfront about it and the coach is ok with it, I don't see the problem.

If you have ever coached a girls team you would understand.

The player must decide at the beginning of the season if she is commited to the school team or not. If not she should not play softball and play AAU ball and just want for basketball season rolls around to play for the school. It is all about what the player sees as important in her life

If you have ever coached a girls team you would understand.

I have coached a girls team and it has been my experience that most of the girls really want to win and want the right players in to accomplish that. There is the minority who think they should get more minutes etc...but there is some problem no matter what you do.

They are all happy when they win!

I have coached a girls team and it has been my experience that most of the girls really want to win and want the right players in to accomplish that. There is the minority who think they should get more minutes etc...but there is some problem no matter what you do.

They are all happy when they win!

I think the minority is larger than you think it is! I can name MANY instances, just off the top of my head, where girls are upset about who plays and how much, despite the fact that the team won. I've asked some others who have coached girls and they agree.

I think the minority is larger than you think it is! I can name MANY instances, just off the top of my head, where girls are upset about who plays and how much, despite the fact that the team won. I've asked some others who have coached girls and they agree.

I have probably just been lucky with the girls that I have had.! It seems that track and Tennis would definitely be the easiest to coach where there is not a question who is the better player.

I have seen what you are talking about though and usually there is a parent behind them telling them they are better and the deserve to play. Poisons the team..