April 10, 200719 yr I don't expect UK to actively recruit him unless he states that he is not going to A & M. UK should let him be as long as he still intends to go to A & M. I don't believe that UK will have to actively recruit him. UK's coach already landed him once.
April 10, 200719 yr Isn't a player free to rescind LOI if coach that signed him leaves before school starts?
April 10, 200719 yr His team does little to get him the ball. That looked like a game of pickup ball as all you seen was 1 on 1 stuff.
April 10, 200719 yr Isn't a player free to rescind LOI if coach that signed him leaves before school starts? Player must be released by the University, not the other way around.
April 10, 200719 yr Player must be released by the University, not the other way around. If i'm not mistaken, isn't there a clause in there if the school gets put on probation and the school releases the coach(ala, Jim Harrick) that the kids had the option to transfer without sitting a year? It seems like that were the case at Georgia a few yrs ago, but, I may be wrong...
April 10, 200719 yr Word going around is UK has a great shot at getting Jordan. This was reported by HoopsReport.com Jordan may Follow Gillispie I also heard that Jordan left his college choice blank when filling out his Bio for the Derby Classic FWIW...
April 11, 200719 yr Bob Gibbons weighs in and says no. Bob Gibbons: Adam- that is an interesting question. He knows coach Gillispie well, but a player signs with a school and not a coach. Kentucky could use someone like Jordan. But releases are not a given, and we do not know if Jordan will even want to go to Kentucky, as he is a native Texan, and A&M may deny that request since he is one of the best centers in the country. I doubt that A&M will grant a release, and so then it will come down the appeals process, which will take a while. I'm sure Gillispie would want him, but it is not really up to him. I think Jordan will stay at Texas A&M. LINK
April 11, 200719 yr Bob Gibbons weighs in and says no. Bob Gibbons: Adam- that is an interesting question. He knows coach Gillispie well, but a player signs with a school and not a coach. Kentucky could use someone like Jordan. But releases are not a given, and we do not know if Jordan will even want to go to Kentucky, as he is a native Texan, and A&M may deny that request since he is one of the best centers in the country. I doubt that A&M will grant a release, and so then it will come down the appeals process, which will take a while. I'm sure Gillispie would want him, but it is not really up to him. I think Jordan will stay at Texas A&M. LINK Very interesting... Good find!:thumb:
April 11, 200719 yr Given Barnharts close relationship with the A&M AD, I think they just might grant a release for him to come to UK. Then again, its just wishful thinking at this point.
April 11, 200719 yr Word going around is UK has a great shot at getting Jordan. This was reported by HoopsReport.com Jordan may Follow Gillispie I also heard that Jordan left his college choice blank when filling out his Bio for the Derby Classic FWIW... Jordan was on TV tonight and said "I'm an Aggie."
April 11, 200719 yr ^ I really think that Jordan is one and done....I think he would find the road easier in the Big XII, ala Durant..the SEC is too brutal.
April 11, 200719 yr Jordan was on TV tonight and said "I'm an Aggie." I expected him to show the right character and honor his commitment.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.